Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Taylor wood boilers  (Read 10537 times)

abarton

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: taylor
  • OWF Model: 450
    • View Profile
Taylor wood boilers
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »

Any Taylor users out there
"I could have saved a fortune when I built my house if only I had not installed any light switches but instead straight wired all the lights. I'm the only one that realizes they also turn off"

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor wood boilers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »

Saw one a couple of miles from me and have been meaning to stop and check it out when I see the owner out.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

abarton

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

I like the sheet metal you put on that hardy.  Thats what my taylor is going to look like when i get done with it.  My neighbor and I could hit his house with a rock from here sells hardy heaters. They are very popular around here.  I got my old taylor second hand and have completely rebuilt it. Should get another twenty years out of it although since I found this web site I am concidering building one just for the heck of it.  I'm already working on my third residential water chiller for air conditioning and I can tell you a hundred ways not to build one of those. lol
"I could have saved a fortune when I built my house if only I had not installed any light switches but instead straight wired all the lights. I'm the only one that realizes they also turn off"

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »

I want to build one too. How do ya' do it? I'll even pay for pickin' your brain if you'd like. I understand the concept, but don't know any of the logistics involved.
   Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

abarton

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »

A water chiller or a wood boiler? 

chadley

• OWF Brand: none-looking
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »

I'm in southern indiana and have heard bad things about taylor.  Any issues out there?  I'm looking to buy a Hawken HE 2100 out of Richland, Indiana or a Hardy H4 out of Evansville. Since you are from southern indiana-have you heard of either of these companies/dealers in southern indiana?

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:33:42 AM »

You will need to get a OWB that is EPA phase 2 compliant now. There was a Hardy dealer just outside of Seymour but I think all he can do now is just service OWB's. Check the laws in your area to be sure. What part of southern IN are you in?
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 06:48:20 AM »

A water chiller or a wood boiler?
A water chiller. I've built a half dozen OWB's already. My electric bill is more than $300/month in hot summer months. My wood is free.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

tbone

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »

I grew up with heat provided by a Taylor.  My dad and his brother both had Taylors.  We had ours welded a couple of times due to water leaks. Other then that it was a good stove.  Loved the wood though... I believe its still in operation today...but my dad gave it up a few years ago and gave the stove  away.  My uncle built a new house and opted for geothermal.  Guess I'm the last one in the family with an OWB.
Stihl 460
Stihl pro 360
Honda 27 ton splitter
Ford 350 with hoist

4b316

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:15 AM »

We just got a taylor this winter and really enjoy it.Not too bad on wood,at least this past winter.We haul stove wood logs and  thought we might just as well get one.pretty sure we are going to burn it all summer for hot water.