Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ash depth on BL  (Read 4991 times)

oaky

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
    • View Profile
Re: Ash depth on BL
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »

Hello I have wanted to thank all of you who have been helping answer and share what you think works best in your system.. I will try to explain how important it is to keep the preheated under fire air inlets open ,I often compare the burner combustion system to a machine that needs to inhale and exhale at the right location and proportion. If the refractory grates are restricted more air is going to be forced to go above the fire. ..you will lose out on the benefits of air coming up under the fire think of the camp fire we know that if the air isn't coming from under the fire in just doesn't burn well at all. You will still get heat with air above the fire but it will likely burn more wood. You will likely blow more heat towards the heat exchanger on its way to the stack out let .Primary preheated air from under and secondary air to help burn the gases.I have experienced this gas burning when I have opened the fire door it seems to escape out the top few inches of the door, very hot and can be dangerous be careful. ..the gases are burning almost invisible because of the refractory and air another reason to keep the ashes to a minimum.

You are on the right track, hotterburn4u. :thumbup:
Husqvarna 272
Husqvarna 55
27 Ton Cub Cadet Log Splitter
John Deere 826D Walk-Behind Snowblower
Always A Good Pile Of Oak Firewood
Home is: West Central Wisconsin
Pages: 1 [2]