Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: First load of HeatMasters in Maine  (Read 3475 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
First load of HeatMasters in Maine
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:28:41 AM »

Ok so as many of you know, I received my first load of stoves from HeatMaster a couple of weeks ago, I am impressed, shipping was on time, NO damaged units, great job loading guys and the driver kept in touch so I could schedule unloading here in Maine, again nice job! I got one of the MF 20,000 e models, WOW that's a boiler, I'm not sure my Cat can lift it, perhaps I can get Roger to come down with his green tractor to help out >:D we hired a local concrete form crane truck to assist in unloading as there was still a lot of snow on my unloading ramp, here is a point to be reckoned with, if you get a shipment in the winter months guys, it is a good idea to wash off the salt that has been sprayed all over the units for 2000 miles of northern roads. The finish on these units is impeccable, getting the salt off keeps them that way! I am impressed with the quality of all the units on the load especially the G series, this is a simple gasser that anybody can run, I have been running a G 200 now for just over a week and it is heating my entire complex very well, this surprises me as I have a bit over 6000 feet and about 2600 of that load is my uninsulated shop area, I am getting over a 12 hour burn with a full load of wood, no plugging of the nozzle, no bridging issues, no hot spots in the boiler, just simply a really nice operating unit and as most of you know, my wood is certainly less than desire able as it was a growing tree early fall of 2014, left as tree length until about 2 weeks ago when Dan and I cut it to length and split what needed splitting, I do see some condensation from the stack but it is purely condensation, nice clean burning unit. Stack temps, I drilled a 3/16 inch hole in the stack just above the transition to the insulated pipe and am seeing stack temps of 250 - 280 degrees so all that condensation happens just off the top of the stack about a foot, right where I like to see it.
I immediately ( next day ) delivered one of the G200s to a customer that had a Wood Doctor gasser that gave up the ghost just north or Rutland VT. So far he loves it, he never had any real issues with the WoodDoctor either but says he likes the G series better, easier to load, no smoke from the loading door, no nozzle plugs, easy controls, no sticking solenoids, and very easy cleaning of the tubes. This is a man that is 68 years old and probably still has the first 9/16 inch wrench his Dad gave him, he is very mechanically driven in fact he and his son used a 1962 Timberjack cable skidder to winch me up his icy driveway, yes there probably isn't a single bolt on that old piece of iron that they have not taken off at least once in it's 52 years of service, heck this man got 12 years out of his WoodDoctor gasser. I think that the first one in VT found a great home, if you are watching Robert, I thank you, more to come guys and gals, I hope to see many of you at the logging expo in Bangor, Me on May 15-16, it will be a great show with lots of toys to look at!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: First load of HeatMasters in Maine
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:31:59 AM »

:post:

I may be picking your brain a bit here shortly. Local dealer, not that local actually, 90 minutes away, says if I was to buy a Heatmaster I'd need a G400 as he doesn't think a G200 would handle my load, but he also doesn't actually run a gasser, still running a conventional.

We had talked about this once before, you didn't think the Optimizer 250 would be enough for my setup, do you think the G200 has more capacity?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:42:54 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:13:23 AM »

About the same Marty, I think I would upsize to the 400

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:18:08 AM »

About the same Marty, I think I would upsize to the 400

Thats pretty much what I keep coming back to, stack temps on my waste oil boiler is about 25-30 degrees higher than the water temp, so catching about all the heat I can, when it's running full blast at 180,000 BTU it can't keep up if both the house and shop are calling for heat.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:25:08 AM »

I think it would be wise to spend the extra for the 400 in your case, I will be running a 400 next winter myself just for the extra snap that I need in the severe cold, I'm running the 200 now just to get used to it before the show season.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:07:43 AM »

I also figure in the shoulder seasons I could run the shop heat all the time to keep the 400 busy or just let it go out and heat the water a few times a day with the waste oil boiler.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

Slim,

You should mail me up some literature, I do want to come down and see that 200 or 400 but it wont be for a few weeks.
Western Maine

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:08 AM »

PM me your address Coolidge, I'm sure I have it somewhere but finding it would be difficult at best, how many would you like?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 03:13:46 PM »

I got more G series units today and tried to post pics but had no luck, anyone interested can see them on RSIs forum under the HeatMaster thread.