Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hot water temp regulation-possible?  (Read 4777 times)

dumbodog00

• View Profile
Hot water temp regulation-possible?
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to regulate the temperature of the water going into the water heater?  I have an 80 gal. electric water heater (which is off) that the Hardy heated water dumps into.  If we use enough hot water in an evening, the temperature of the water coming out of the tap rises.  I understand and know why this happens, but would like to regulate it.
     My wife and I like hot water, but with kids, we do not want any burns.  Thanks for any input. :)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hot water temp regulation-possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to regulate the temperature of the water going into the water heater?  I have an 80 gal. electric water heater (which is off) that the Hardy heated water dumps into.  If we use enough hot water in an evening, the temperature of the water coming out of the tap rises.  I understand and know why this happens, but would like to regulate it.
     My wife and I like hot water, but with kids, we do not want any burns.  Thanks for any input. :)
google "mixing valve"..get one..place it on the outlet of your hotwater tank..set to the temp you like and dont worry about scalding your young uns
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada