Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 4135 owners?  (Read 5648 times)

smitty33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
4135 owners?
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

I was just wondering how you like your Legend 4135?  I am thinking of buying one and installing it myself. I plan on putting a heat exchanger in my existing duct work and also heat my dhw and may be in the future my hot tub too.  I have a 1800sf house Im hoping it will be enough.  How are your 4135's performing?

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 4135 owners?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »

I love my 4135.  This is my second winter.  I installed mine myself and installed a heat exchanger in my duct work and am heating my hot water with the coil in the stove which I like.  My house is 3200 sq ft and it does great but I live in NE North Carolina where the temps don't get that cold.  A few nights in the lower 20's but not many.
I also have a heat exchanger in my garage that I use but not much.
I've never had any other brand so I can't compare, but I am well satisified

smitty33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »

I live in West Virginia. Get some pretty cold nights here but im not too high in elevation so its not too bad. I have not heard anything bad about legend and there is a dealer only miles away from me.  Do you have your hot water tank directly hooked up or do you run a circ. pump to the dhw coil?  My lines will probably be near 125 ft to my hwh.

boss302

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Researching at the present
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Jerkash, how much wood do you burn from October until April? I too am looking at this model.

Randall

jerkash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »

Smitty - I have a cold water line run from my house to the heater through the coil and back to the house and directly into my HWH.  About 125 foot run.  Works great for me!

Randall - I'm guessing 6-8 cords but I keep my house at 72 - 75 degrees and I have a unlimited supply of firewood.  I'm sure I could save on the wood by dropping the temps, but I like being comfortable.

smitty33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »

Sounds good jerkash. Im getting most of my material in this weekend so im going to get started installing.

tanner

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 4135
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

I have the 4135 and i love it!  This is my first year and i have no complants i heat about a 1200sft house pls my hot water and im gona try burning it year around and if it does good in the summer i thought abt bying the attachment for my dryer. But i really like mine and the people at Legend and  my dealer i bought mine from is very good to work with

smitty33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »

Tanner do you use the hot water exchanger with the stove.  How long are your lines?  I'm in the process of installing, doing a little bit each weekend. Just got my insulation for the lines yesterday, probably going to make up the lines and drain tile next weekend.  I have one concern with crossing a ditch that has water that flows through it.  Hope that wont become a problem. 

jerkash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 04:33:25 AM »

Hey Smitty

I have a 4135 and use the coil for hot water and I like it.  My run is 125 feet.
As for you making up your lines - From what I read on this site, you should buy some good stuff.  It is expensive but worth it in the long run.  As for the ditch, you could place your drain tile inside a bigger pvc pipe at the ditch.

Good luck

tanner

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 4135
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »

yes i use the coil on the heater and i really like it also i have abt a 70ft run i use my hot water heater as a storage tank and i was kinda consernd when i was hooking it all up but it really works good.  Also like jerkash said its better to spend alittle more on your lines it will pay off in the long run witch i made mine to i used 6inc pipe and put 3 one inch pex pipe i wraped the three pexs with bubble wrap were they wouldnt touch and the sprayed the rest with spray foam i made two runs like that just in case i wonted to add somthing else or somthen went wrong with the first run.  But hang in there ull get it done it took me abt 4 months from start to finish just working of a evening and saterdays but its well worth it.

smitty33

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to use 6in also. like to find some cheap DB 60 pipe instead of the corrugated seems like a lot of people use the corrugated.  Jerkash I was thinking about the pipe across the ditch sounds like that may work.  The 4135's seem to be insulated well?