Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Woodmaster Update  (Read 14873 times)

mingom

Re: Woodmaster Update
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

Yes unfortunately.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it unstuck.  I got it to move a bit more (3-4, maybe 5 inches).. Would burning a CSR log maybe help loosen it up?

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

Yes unfortunately.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it unstuck.  I got it to move a bit more (3-4, maybe 5 inches).. Would burning a CSR log maybe help loosen it up?

It could I never used one. Just keep working it maybe it will let lose. Can you get it to twist at all then pull it back?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:43:23 PM by Dirtslinger »
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

mingom

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »

Burned a creosote log yesterday, looking for a brush setup to run through the chimney. I've let the firebox run down to very minimal amount of ashes/coals. I haven't had a chance to pull the blower apart and clean it. I might pick up an extra blower Monday from Grainger just to have, but I'm still stumped on whats causing my fire not to burn correctly. I did manage to get the smoke bypass rod free, and pulled out 4-5 full shovelfuls of crap that fell out with it. Who knew how long that rod was? Wish I had been there for the start up this season to have made sure it was clean.

Dirtslinger

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »

Burned a creosote log yesterday, looking for a brush setup to run through the chimney. I've let the firebox run down to very minimal amount of ashes/coals. I haven't had a chance to pull the blower apart and clean it. I might pick up an extra blower Monday from Grainger just to have, but I'm still stumped on whats causing my fire not to burn correctly. I did manage to get the smoke bypass rod free, and pulled out 4-5 full shovelfuls of crap that fell out with it. Who knew how long that rod was? Wish I had been there for the start up this season to have made sure it was clean.

Now that you got that to move make sure to do it couple times a week.
And make sure the plate is still on the rod.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

mingom

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »

Still haven't gotten up to sweep the chimney I need to borrow a taller ladder to get up on the roof to get to the stack.  But the blower seems to work fine, if I crack the door to give it some oxygen and a place for the smoke to pour out. It seems like if I shut the door and open it the smoke had smother the fire.  Thanks again for all the help, hope to sweep tomorrow if I can get a ladder and a way to stay up on the roof haha.

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »

Ming,
I hope your stack is not as tall as Matty's!   :D
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

Dirtslinger

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »

Still haven't gotten up to sweep the chimney I need to borrow a taller ladder to get up on the roof to get to the stack.  But the blower seems to work fine, if I crack the door to give it some oxygen and a place for the smoke to pour out. It seems like if I shut the door and open it the smoke had smother the fire.  Thanks again for all the help, hope to sweep tomorrow if I can get a ladder and a way to stay up on the roof haha.

Well how did the sweep go?
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

mingom

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:32 PM »

Can't even get a brush down through it.  Plugged solid with what feels to be a 4-5 inch think round of creosote in one spot.  I need to really take some time this weekend and fight it.  When I broke through I could see a noticeable difference in draft.  It seems to have sealed back over though with just the small hole I could get before it got too dark/cold

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »

Take some pictures of that mingom!  Let us see! 
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

mingom

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »

Broke up as much of it as I could, I've been trying to get a good hot hot fire going today to burn it up.  The woodmaster seems to have a square flange mated to a round pipe, seems kinda foolish.  I'm replacing the blower also since its full of junk, I got one for cheap through grainger.  Anyone have an idea of how they are wired up?  Pulling it apart it seems to have 2 yellow wires and 4 black wires (for the blower and the flap solenoid)  My new one has a white and a black ( both labeled line)

Dirtslinger

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

Broke up as much of it as I could, I've been trying to get a good hot hot fire going today to burn it up.  The woodmaster seems to have a square flange mated to a round pipe, seems kinda foolish.  I'm replacing the blower also since its full of junk, I got one for cheap through grainger.  Anyone have an idea of how they are wired up?  Pulling it apart it seems to have 2 yellow wires and 4 black wires (for the blower and the flap solenoid)  My new one has a white and a black ( both labeled line)

When you get that good hot fire going leave your smoke baffle rod pulled out so the flames can go straight up the stack. That should clean it out for you.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

Dirtslinger

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

Well any news on how the fire is burning now?
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

His stove probably shot up in the air like a space shuttle.LOL

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 03:31:40 AM »

I would like to know what the clown that owned the stove before him was burning in it to get it that plugged.
installed in 2014

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »

Probably putting garbage in it. Plastic sticks to everything when it burns
Pages: 1 2 [3]