Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: One of those days  (Read 3086 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
One of those days
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

Was messing around with the waste oil burner some more today, then got sidetracked and forgot to add wood to the G200. By time I caught it the coals were gone (ash sucks). Had enough charred wood in it that a wad of shipping paper got it going in short order.

Then was reassembling the drive assembly for the unloading auger on the corn combine. Was picking the other night and had a horrible howl to it that would come and go, never found the offending bearing but it did act like it wanted to lock up a few times turning it by hand. Previous owner must have left it outside a lot. Everything was stuck enough ended up cutting all the bearings out with the gas axe. Anyways, got the cross shaft installed, installed the bearings, installed the required shims, installed the pulley, then seen I forgot to install the bolts for the bearing retainer, had to disassemble to get the bolts in. Don’t recall why, but the service manual for the other combine (identical assembly) says the bolts must be installed from the inside out.

Combine by Marty Lappin, on Flickr

Then since the new flighting showed up today installed that as well. Got it slid on the tube then looked at it awhile and decided didn’t like it and it needed flipped end to end. Got it apart, finally and slid it on after flipping it end to end. SH*T, was better the other way, got it off again and reinstalled the way I had it the first time. Had half a section of flight left over so reinforced the end that was hid that had a hole wore thru it.

Combine by Marty Lappin, on Flickr
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana