Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 562xp Fuel Delivery Issue  (Read 5355 times)

terpjr

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
562xp Fuel Delivery Issue
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »

Have a Husqvarna 562 xp with an apparent fuel delivery issue.

Haven’t done much cutting the last two years...most of my wood is getting delivered in bucked rounds (pretty sweet deal). But even so, my 562 has been running flawlessly.  Started it up for the first time since summer yesterday and it would not start.  I did my usual procedure - a couple pumps of the purge bulb, flip the choke up, two pulls, fire, flip the choke down, 2 pulls and run.  Except it did not run. 
I then noticed a hole in the purge bulb...and noticed that it was not filling with fuel when purging.
I replaced that today.
It would not fill with fuel unless laying on its side.  Upright it would not fill.
On its side it runs, upright it fires after purging, runs for 10 seconds and dies.

1.  Is the bulb supposed to fill with fuel when purging?  I have never paid attention until there is now a problem....I don’t remember what is right.  I feel like it usually fills.
2.  I assume the problem is somewhere in the tank...like...if it is on its side the line in the tank is under fuel so it isn’t sucking  air...but then when it is upright it is sucking air...not really sure.

Inspecting the lines that are visible when I remove the air filter revel no cracks or obvious issues...

With the 562 - what is going on inside the tanks?  From the parts diagrams, it appears there is a tank vent...what is the replacement procedure?  How much line is attached?  How does a person fish it out?

Thanks
Steve Terplak - Upstate NY
Woodmaster 4400
Husqvarna 562xp, 460 and 261
Massey Ferguson 165, 265, 1080, 40B backhoe, Landini 105 and JD 450B dozer.
Homemade 3pt hitch splitter.

greasemonkoid

• OWF Model: NCB175
  • wnc mountains
    • View Profile
Re: 562xp Fuel Delivery Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 07:08:13 PM »

I haven't messed with 2 stroke engines a lot, but I will say don't forget about the diaphram in the carb that controls the needle valve, if that thing gets a hole or the needle valve gets out of calibration (by priming too hard?) it'll never run right. Every bulb I've seen usually has an air pocket. If you wind up changing fuel metering parts out it would be advisable to get a tachometer. That's a nice saw, hope you get it figured out. Surely there is a factory service manual somewhere.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »

I would replace the fuel line and filter for starters.

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »

Sounds like you have a crack in the fuel line inside the tank if it runs on its side, or the filter on the end of the fuel line is not able to move. Unsure on your saw, but our Echo pole saw and weed trimmer , the fuel line with filter and vent come as one part with the tank grommet (seal), 2 minute repair.

You also mentioned a hole in the primer bulb? Does it leak on you when you pump it?

terpjr

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »

I may have gotten the purge (primer) bulb backward...going to have to check it out at home later...
Which would cause it to only drawn fuel in through the tank vent (which would make sense for only priming on its side...

I did a visual inspection of the fuel line but won’t be able to truly tell until I pull it.

I am going to flip the purge bulb...I have a new fuel line on order...so, if the flip doesn’t solve, I will move on to that...’
Steve Terplak - Upstate NY
Woodmaster 4400
Husqvarna 562xp, 460 and 261
Massey Ferguson 165, 265, 1080, 40B backhoe, Landini 105 and JD 450B dozer.
Homemade 3pt hitch splitter.

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 07:55:09 AM »

I have put a lot of hours on Husky saws. The only problem I have ever had is with fuel lines. The ethanol in the new gas will cause them to deteriorate much faster than they used to. They sell kits with all the rubber lines and a fuel filter. Very easy to change after you have taken enough off the saw to expose the grommet where the lines pass through the tank. I switched over to using aviation gas only in all my 2 stroke engines. They run better and no more fuel issues.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »

I have put a lot of hours on Husky saws. The only problem I have ever had is with fuel lines. The ethanol in the new gas will cause them to deteriorate much faster than they used to. They sell kits with all the rubber lines and a fuel filter. Very easy to change after you have taken enough off the saw to expose the grommet where the lines pass through the tank. I switched over to using aviation gas only in all my 2 stroke engines. They run better and no more fuel issues.

The new BP station in the next town never has “recreation gas”, no ethanol, off road use only and a lot cheaper than av gas.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »

Nothing like that here in the commy state of MA. The only thing you can find at the pump out here is VP at a couple places. I went to get some for a pulling tractor we were taking to the fair this summer $12.99/ gal. Guess I haven't bought any in a while I think it was around $6 last time I went up there.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.