Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone tried one of the spiral cone wood splitters,..??  (Read 9210 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Has anyone tried one of the spiral cone wood splitters,..??
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »

Have you split any ash with it? If so, how did it work? I sort of revived my cone splitter because I have a lot of large pieces of maple and ash that need to be split.

I have a Stickler cone and it gets stuck and then the tip comes off when trying to get it out. It almost looks like the wood is melted on to it.

There is a threaded insert in the cone for the tip and it started spinning and I ruined the threads on the tip. I am going to just weld it in.

How fast does yours spin? I think I need more power. Not sure if mine is running too fast or just needs a larger hydraulic motor. I used a wheel motor from a lawn mower.

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 08:10:46 PM »

I seen one mounted on a bobcat at the show. Went right threw a 36" x4 feet long pice of narly black cherry. Not sure how it would do on hard maple. Or hickory.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »

I seen one mounted on a bobcat at the show. Went right threw a 36" x4 feet long pice of narly black cherry. Not sure how it would do on hard maple. Or hickory.

As long as you split the log from the side and not the butt end it will do great
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection
Pages: 1 [2]