Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Temp guages  (Read 2738 times)

coolidge

• View Profile
Temp guages
« on: December 13, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Is there a fitting that could be soldered into the supply and return lines to install a true inline thermometer.
Western Maine

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Temp guages
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »

I use a line size tee with 1/2" branch (for example 1x1x1/2") and a fitting female adapter also known as a female street adapter. Solder the female into the branch of the tee and then screw a thermometer into the adapter. I like the Honeywell GT162 gauges, they employ a brass thermowell that stays in the water stream and a removable thermometer if need be. Very accurate and only $12

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »

In my basement I used regular ole 1” reducing T’s then bought gauges that had a thermal well that sweated in. Find the gauges first, then buy the appropriate T. Stay away from the Honeywell’s. They are all over the place, when I first installed them they claimed I picked 5 degrees up by time it left the basement. I have Miljoco’s on the back of the G200 and they read amazingly close to one another.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »

I have all Pasco, but I don't believe them, they have been calibrated. I did take them all out tonight to try and calibrate tomorrow.
Western Maine

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »

In my basement I used regular ole 1” reducing T’s then bought gauges that had a thermal well that sweated in. Find the gauges first, then buy the appropriate T. Stay away from the Honeywell’s. They are all over the place, when I first installed them they claimed I picked 5 degrees up by time it left the basement. I have Miljoco’s on the back of the G200 and they read amazingly close to one another.

The hell? The ones I use are always nuts on with other gauges. Put a whole stack of em in once for half a job and the other half were Trerice, all read nuts on. Made a believer outta me I guess

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »

The hell? The ones I use are always nuts on with other gauges. Put a whole stack of em in once for half a job and the other half were Trerice, all read nuts on. Made a believer outta me I guess

Don’t know man, but like I said, when first installed the water was leaving the basement hotter than it came in according to the gauges, I have like 8 of em just out of curiosity to see what the flat plate pulls, how much the HX in the furnace pulls, the snow melt, etc. None of really agreed with one another unless I just got a bad batch or something.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »

I'm all uponor pex ...here is a pic on a 1" line ...I use a tee ...thru the 90 deg in so u can get the idea !