Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Basic Thermostat Relay and Fan Wiring?  (Read 12877 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Basic Thermostat Relay and Fan Wiring?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »

Some do it bad and some don't. I think it is mostly due to the boiler design and the condition of the door gaskets, etc.

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »

First, why does anyone want to shut off the OWB pumps when the OWB is in operation? If you have a DHWX wouldn't you want the pump running consistantly?

Why do you need a seperate thermostat? I have a heatpump with a mercury thermostat and they wired a aquastat to control my heating system. Here's how: (maybe it will give you another idea)

If my thermostat calls for heat, and the aquastat is below 160F, it turns on my heatpump. If it's above 160F, it only turns on my furnace fan. BUT- if I raise the temp on the thermostat more than 3F, it kicks on my heating strips (but not my heatpump).

Unfortunately I'm sure how this is wired in, since the dealer did part of the installation.

BTW: my aquastat is surface mount, not thermowell.

Do you know what aquastat you are using?  I am interested in this.  My HVAC guy said I could intercept the "Y" wire which is the compressor relay.  I would really like to use this to switch between heatpump/furnace operation; but it would be great if it worked off the furnace water temp so it was automatic.  Otherwise I was just going to get a double pole light switch and do it manually.

Ridgekid

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 08:05:41 AM »

It's made by Honeywell. It's a surface mount and hose clamped to the output side of my HX.

CB part number: 204

I'm sure you can probably find one locally.

Pic: http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=30;preview

Small gray box on HX

Ridgekid

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 08:24:08 AM »

Afterthought-

DON'T KILL YOUR HEATPUMP power. There is a small heater in the compressor to keep it from freezing.

I also looked in all my paperwork and at the CB website but nothing on "how to" wire the Aquastat for Heatpump use. Sorry~
Pages: 1 [2]