Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Test Fire 7400E  (Read 3260 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Test Fire 7400E
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »

hey guys,

Did my first test fire in the 7400E this weekend just heating DHW in home and business. Unit tested well. Took 1 hr and 29min to get from 57 to 180 set point. After is shutdown it shot over to 194 degrees. Unit started gasifying after about 2 min from a cold start. the reaction chamber door is cool enough to hold your hand on while in full gasification.

The back pump area was very tight trying to fit 3 line sets and 3 pumps. I made it all work with still making enough to room to be able to open the back cleanout when necessary. I am going to use some foiled faced insulation board int eh back compartment to keep the fiberglass batts from being exposed (when that stuff gets wet, its ruined). one small leak and spraying water could ruin it.

The electrical hook up was pretty straight forward. The large industrial fan motor is very powerful yet surprisingly quiet.

I believe in the 7400E there is over 1,000lbs of cast refractory, the heat sink on the unit seems to be very nice. the bricks definitely hold a lot of heat. Obviously there isn't much a draw at the moment with only heating DHW.

So far I am pleased with the unit. It has been idling for 2 days and hardly fired, there is little to no creosote around the door frame and I haven't had a single drip come out of either door.

I will post pictures soon after my boiler room install is done and I will give everyone another update after we have some more time in with the unit.

Thanks!

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Test Fire 7400E
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »

Very interesting, keep posting. I wish new models would come out more often. It's cool to see all the ideas that went into it.
I wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds, space for plumbing and a rear cleanout door.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:11:40 PM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »

Eldon,

Its a great idea, until it comes time to do plumbing!!!! haha I made it all work but its tight.

I almost put the entire boiler inside a building so I could just leave the back panel off and build a big 1-1/4 copper manifold and have PLENTY of room...lol, but, I made it work and didn't have to go that route

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:59 AM »

:D :thumbup:
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »

Eldon,

Its a great idea, until it comes time to do plumbing!!!! haha I made it all work but its tight.

I almost put the entire boiler inside a building so I could just leave the back panel off and build a big 1-1/4 copper manifold and have PLENTY of room...lol, but, I made it work and didn't have to go that route

Is there a bigger model yet? I could see it being near impossible if you had four line sets to deal with.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:14 AM »

Eldon,

Is there a bigger model yet? I could see it being near impossible if you had four line sets to deal with.

No, the 7400E is their biggest model and comparable to the G400 in size.