Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Replacement Flapper Door  (Read 3099 times)

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
Replacement Flapper Door
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:48:57 AM »

Went to clean my airbox last nite and once again it was full of gooey stuff, and its definitely rusting out the air box some of the stuff has metal on it. My flapper is about totally shot its paper thin. You guys that have gotten the new replacement flapper how did you do that? Do they send you a new one since this design isn't working right? Also I used a piece of copper wire to keep the flapper open after the blower shuts off to see if that helps with the build up in the air box. I turned my set point down to 178 and ran it and the when the blower turned off the stove only crept up to 179 or 180 so I think it might work. Ill post some updates in a week after Ive run it like that a while.

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Flapper Door
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:55:08 AM »

Just an update on keeping the flapper open. It had been working great I had it wired so that it left the flapper almost wide open, but then we got a windy day on Sunday. I went to check on it and it was at 201 I turned all the heat on and got it cooled down. I re did the wire so that the flapper shuts almost completely but basically has the thickness of the wire holding it open which is working well. I have no further goo in the air box and the lower ash door is completely dry and it seems to be burning the ashes more thouroughly but that could be my imagination. I plan on checking the chimney tonite to see how it looks. Just thought I would post an update. Keeping the flap all the way open is not good but just a little seems to work.