Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heads up - potential problem  (Read 2804 times)

Sawdust

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Heads up - potential problem
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »

My 4400 overheated the other day, l just happend to catch it before it boiled too low . The solenoid attaches to the rubber draft control cover using a size 8 or 10 screw that passes through one end / eye of a spring . The other end of the spring is attached to a metal connector that is fixed to the rubber flapper. The screw that passes through the clevis and upper spring eye is threaded from the head to the end. The spring eye that this screw passes through can get hung on the threads in a way that will not allow the rubber draft flapper to seal. This allows enough air to let the stove overheat. I replaced mine with a cotter pin of he proper length and diameter. If you could find a screw/bolt that had a shoulder long enough to go through the clevis on the solenoid and threaded so that the nut would thread up to the clevis- would be better. I just used what I had . Newer models may have a different set up . Just four screws to take the cover off the draft fan to check it. I hope everyone go through the storm safely and, without damage.