Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flatplate!!  (Read 8062 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Flatplate!!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »

i have about 22 cord cut and stacked i guess after this heating season i will have an idea how much i will need each year
depends a lot on the year...how well seasoned your wood is..what type of wood you have (btu's can differ greatly in different wood by the cord)
and of course how well insulated your underground pipes are and how far your stove is from your house

if this your first year with your stove..dont be afraid to let it burn down...i think a lot of new users (me included) fired the stove the first year or more way too often...most stoves should get by on 2 fills a day or three or four small ones

if i am home and working around the shop on a saturday i try and get by with no filling all day..i just turn the coals ever couple of hours untill the fire is almmost used up...then i fill er up for the night

there will be a learning curve that you need to go through in order to become "in tune with your stove"
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

gyro684

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

thank for the info willie iwill probably spend a lot of time at the stove playing and exsperamenting until i have it figured out the best way to tend the stove
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:56:22 PM by gyro684 »
Ken G
sidney Oh
central boiler 5036
stihl farm boss

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »

thank for the info willie iwill probably spend a lot of time at the stove playing and exsperamenting until i have it figured out the best way to tend the stove
Hey,
I did spend alot of time watching my 5036 last winter as it was my first year.I always had a beer with me thou.I heated from oct. til mid may and used ove 10 cord.I would like to think I could get by on less this year as my wood was green and the house wasnt really too tight.Im building a cape style home and going as I can without getting a bank involved.

m21221

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »

I realize this thread is a little dated but I installed a 30 plate exchanger and with 6 people in a large house have never been able to run out of hot water.  Best thing since sliced bread.
CB 6048

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 03:53:07 AM »

this place gets quiet at times in the summer...but never dead

keep your mind and your saw sharp, enjoy whats left of summer
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 [2]