Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: underground piping  (Read 11251 times)

CORVAIRWILD

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: underground piping
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:22:05 AM »

I also visited a new Subaru dealership, and they have a Reznor boiler, 350,000BTU, and they're happy with it. They also have too much oil, and sell the excess to a hauler for .25 a gallon.

I called the plumbing installer, his work pictured, and they havn't called back yet.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: underground piping
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »

i am considering replacing my underground pipe as the insulation value is deteriorating badly. When i installed this 11 years ago the rage was 1 inch kitec wrapped in 3 layers of bubble rap and run down a 4 inch plastic sewer pipe. In the time it has been underground i believe it has cracked (at least in one spot) and let water into the pipe so now i am heating the earthi as well as the house. i used 1/3 more wood last year that in previous years. I was thinking i could live with that as wood is plevtiful...but i have since thought that just because my wood supply is good,that is no reason to waste it. i want to make it right in case i am not here in the years to come.

I guess my question is what pipe is the best. I like the logstor brand but i also read that for every hundred feet that pex lines can "grow" an inch. does this type of insulation around the pex allow for this? or will it eventually crack? Or should it be run down another tile so it has room to move a little inside it?

I would really like this to be the last time for this underground piping stuff. lol

Any one have thoughts or ideas??
Do you happen to know if the drain tile was made from recycled plastic? My supplier only draintile made fro 100% new plastic because the recycled stuff was cracking after a while.
Pages: 1 [2]