Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Earth Energy 190  (Read 16430 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Energy 190
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »

CVR,

Thanks for reading the forum. I think that more manufacturers need to do so to learn what problems their customers have and what improvements can be made to their products. I can't speak to the conversation that you had with shawbran since obviously none of us know what was really said. Some people can be unreasonable to deal with as you know and some people are good people but are very frustrated by current or former manufacturers in this business sometimes because of the lack of ability to rectify their particular situation which may be the fault of the owner or could be the fault of the manufacturer. Please don't be disgruntled and stop coming around the forum.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »

I am the owner of CVR Manufacturing (the company that purchased the Heatsource1 Brand of stoves) I just want to respond to shawbran about my company.

You talked to me. You called looking for free technical information on a stove that we do not make and I have no experience running. I spent several minutes listening to your problems and making suggestions. You asked if I would take it in trade and I told you I would. This just shows that no good deed goes unpunished. Next time you have trouble and need parts -please call some one else.
I noticed that you threw in the word "free" in describing what shawbran was looking for in technical assistance. It has been my experience that you tend to learn alot about a person's motivations by listening and analyzing content and delivery. (you could have just as well said" looking for technical assistance on a product I have never dealt with". I recieved correspondence from you  when you purchased this company and instantly summed you up as one who may be out for the quick buck as the only thing you "offered was a water test at $25 a pop. Obviously you went through the mailing list to try to make some easy money. The fact that you responded the way you did in telling shawbran to find someone else, when he has trouble or needs parts...shows you are just a bit arrogant.(plenty of knowledgeable people to talk shop besides you). Many of us on here are too busy that we will look for easy answers first, by looking here to see if anyone else has had the same problem. (in reality-alot of us probably know what the answer to a problem is, but are hoping we missed something obvious....and easier to fix). It rarely works out that way, though.I would think, since you bought the company, that you would have gotten the rights to this unit as well, especially since I can still find reference to it with your company name , online. This unit works but it remains to be seen how long it lasts. Can be finicky at times, but it is not rocket science. Furthermore, there are a ton of other suppliers for parts and good down-home assistance. freeheat4u will talk yer leg off with assistance and get you hooked up with any parts at a reasonable price. Good luck, CVR, on reinventing the wheel.

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »

I am the owner of CVR Manufacturing (the company that purchased the Heatsource1 Brand of stoves) I just want to respond to shawbran about my company.

You talked to me. You called looking for free technical information on a stove that we do not make and I have no experience running. I spent several minutes listening to your problems and making suggestions. You asked if I would take it in trade and I told you I would. This just shows that no good deed goes unpunished. Next time you have trouble and need parts -please call some one else.

WOW and in one post, you ruined what could have been a great opourtunity to show what good , honest ,and helpful new owners you might be.  At least we know it only takes one word to penetrate some thin skin. I wonder if the new models will have thicker.
I'm guessing that you offered to take it in on trade for the upgraded price of a unit you need to push on someone. You would think that helping previous customers of the company you now own would be a great way to quickly build a customer base. Or at least service, especially since that's where the money is. You give the best and you'll get the best.
I can't wait to see your design and stove quality.
Good luck , but I think you will need to stick to uninformed/educated customers to get any sales....
Michigan Thumber

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »

I always wondered why manufacturer's don't post much info or promotion, CVRman provided the exact opposite of promotion, I guess that answers why there are not more manufacturer's on the forum. Hits close to home since I have a HeatSource1 boiler myself.

CVR Man

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatsource1
  • OWF Model: Model 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 08:53:42 AM »

The reason manufacturers don't post I have learned from this is - There is no winning to responding! No matter how wrong the post related to your company -any response is taken as weakness and criticized. I will continue to read the forum about my products and will respond if there are questions on our products.

But ITO, you are right. Sorry about that my mistake.

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »

Maybe to a few it might appear they didn't win. But when handled like a professional , the average guy will see thru the kind of customer that can't be pleased. And online support puts a rep way ahead. Many top manufacturers and dealers do online support for all kinds of appliances. Every reply is a chance to win another customer. Can't even begin to tell you how many people wish they had a Scott or slim as a dealer in there area.

Not all conversations have to be public, but if there is never anything to hide why not. 
Michigan Thumber

shawbran

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Jayhawk Pex Supply
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 08:01:13 PM »

CVRman thanks for your reply shows great customer service.  I appreciate the advice to go some where else.  If our family business told customers to do that, pretty sure we wouldn't have been in business for the past 50 years.  And the comment about trading in wasn't my question that was your suggest to fix my problem.  Don't worry have a supply house to get all my parts.  Everyone else thanks for the replies, we have come up with a solution to get it thru the winter and will rectify it when it warms up this summer.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »

CVR, I absolutely will disagree with your statement, this is whats wrong with this industry, there are many posts on here from different people who are mad at the manufacturer, what makes them madder is when the manufacturer buries his head in the sand to make the problem go away, you will never fix everybodies boiler problems but you will gain the respect of everybody if you at least try, my suggestion is that both of you start over with your conversation!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:08 AM »

Shawbran, did you figure out the whole heat exchanger set up? Sounds strange the way you described it.

CVR Man

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatsource1
  • OWF Model: Model 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »

Slimjim this situation is different. I did not build, design or sell the stove in question (and I have never had any dealings with Shawbran before). I bought the company and it includes the right to build the stove design in question. We do not build this style of stove for a reason.

I certainly did try to help with Shawbran's problem and I have always done so with every call to my company. I was not able to solve his problem but I dd not deserve his post.

I should not have posted when mad. Not my first mistake - not my last.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:51 AM »

CVR, again we will never satisfy everybody, I have those customers as well, most of them can be brought around by simply listening to thier problem. Suggestion for the angry customer, my wife  always says that it's fine to bring a problem to the table but bringing 2 solutions with it can get us all started on the path to resolution. CVR if you need help with whatever, maybe we can help, I would not be opposed to trying.

mule20

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: none
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:19 AM »

thank goodness for this fourm,being new and researching owb and  heat source 1 is in my area,after reading cvrmans response,saves me gas money and time at not looking at his boilers,i would rather pay the propane man,than buy his crap.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »

Mule, there are always at least 2 sides to every story, If I were in CVR's area and looking for a boiler I would at least check him and his boilers out, he has apologized for his angry post and has the grapes to come on here and try to explain the situation. CVR do you think that the 2 of you could still have a civil conversation and try to resolve the issue, it sure would do wonders for everybody's credibility if you could.

mule20

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: none
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »

whats done is done ,shawbran might be burning pouplar for all i know ,and he might not be very happy ,but from what i have read ,hes famly taking care of his dads boiler problems ,and the owner of heatsource one, came on here and told him to go else where,iam new to this owb and dont want to spend 10,000 dollars on a system and it doesnt work ,and get told to go else where ,iam for the little guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]