Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taco Pumps  (Read 10234 times)

wrudoing

Re: Taco Pumps
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »

The dealer just keeping new pumps on mainly because they have a 3 year warranty but he told me he would put whatever i want on,  but i did not have any idea what to suggest. I'll ask him to get a couple of the grundfos pumps in, they always go out at the worst possible times.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »

Few yrs back my buddy bought a new OWB....Got ready to fire it up for the 1st  time..The 007 was seized up..Had to put a new pump on...Course he got reimbursted for a new pump... www.taco-hvac.com will give you the stats for all the pump sizes....Cheapest place to buy a 011 pump that Ive found is  www.altheatsupply.com
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

wrudoing

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »

Well, i came into work this morning and the remote readout said 131 degrees and i thought wow it burned some wood last night so i went to reload and the wood that i put in last night was still there maybee fired once over the night. The furnace said 180 started looking and both pumps were dead by that i mean mumming and not pumping!  This makes 6 dead pumps in a year number 7 and 8 are going on this afternoon. The dealer sent a few of the bad ones back to taco and they thought failure was due to mineral build up? The last pump only had 5 days run time to build minerals up and stop the pump :-\   We are in the process of draining the burner, i guess CB has a water softner kit that you hook to your hose and is good for 500 gallons we are going to try that with new additive and 2 new pumps. Sure glad it's not January and -20 today :thumbup:

wrudoing

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »

Two new pumps new soft water and refired happy tonight ;D   The old pumps were both real crusty sounding when you turned them the water that came out looked clear no floaties or anything,  Hope this is the fix!!

wrudoing

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »

Well new pumps have been running 2 days now until this morning one was not running bumped the power cord and it came back on, i took the cover off and the receptical was definatlly not in god shape,  as i was replacing the receptical the thing just fell apart in my hands. My thinking is the heat off the pumps broke down the adhesive and made the receptial brittle?  Not a big deal to replace but something to  watch and be aware of.  My OWB is 1 year old ???

wrudoing

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

Well it's  been almost 2 months since I had all my pump problems since changing the water out using the CB water softner cartridge  I've had zero issues, i believe the water quality and/or the minerals in it combined with the heat mess with the pumps. 

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »

Glad to hear things are running smooth now
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »

Well it's  been almost 2 months since I had all my pump problems since changing the water out using the CB water softner cartridge  I've had zero issues, i believe the water quality and/or the minerals in it combined with the heat mess with the pumps.
Yeah Im sure that water quality has affects on the pumps
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »

Did you take any of the failed pumps apart? I haven't taken a Taco apart recently but have other brands. It is pretty easy to see how dirty water could kill wet rotor pumps.

Hopefully that takes care of your problem for good.

wrudoing

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

Yea, the last 2 pumps went out at the same time 1 was 7 days old they were gritty as you turned them and the stems broke after a few turns. The water was clean there weren't any floaties looked like regular water, but we have super hard water lots of iron if i would have known i would have had water hauled in,  The dealer set a couple of the previous failed pumps in to Taco the failures were casued because of calcium deposits,  the softner cartrage from CB is new this year and wasn't available when i did my setup. Conditioned water is Super important especially where the pumps are concerned.

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 06:08:50 AM »

I use  1 007 pump the 007 it has been on for 2 weeks
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

shorman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »

009 Taco pumps
              I have 4  009 Taco pumps.I run three on a start and stop basis with 120volt power controlled by relays that the thermostats open and close.The other pump is my spare for quick change.They have been in service since 1993 and each has had a new motor/impellar assembly in that time.They run from October to June each year and sit idle during the warm months.My pipes are all 3/4" and the only failure I recall was caused by crud in the impellar that jammed the pump.In my opinion,it is important to put their suction on the bottom of the boiler and have them return to the top of the boiler.In the new Shaver 250 I just installed,I put brass traps in the suction between the boiler and the pump.One system pumps about 260 feet round trip.One pumps about 250' and the third one about 150' round trip.-----shorman.
Pages: 1 [2]