Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Ridgewood stoves  (Read 43228 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Ridgewood stoves
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2013, 04:58:32 AM »

Another thing that I have seen when using the single wall is that rainwater will travel down the outside of the pipe and run right into the inside of the boiler, I suggest to you that if you use single wall that you should seal the pipe at the boiler to prevent this from happening. To me the best answer is the insulated pipe as it hangs over the edge of the boiler stack and the rainwater simply falls off onto the roof, besides a nice peice of stainless looks better for much longer.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

chiselchain

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »

chimney cap or no?

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2013, 06:33:33 AM »

I only use a chimney cap when I burn in late fall or early spring where we might get a heavy rain. Other than that it stays off during the winter.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »

Another thing that I have seen when using the single wall is that rainwater will travel down the outside of the pipe and run right into the inside of the boiler, I suggest to you that if you use single wall that you should seal the pipe at the boiler to prevent this from happening. To me the best answer is the insulated pipe as it hangs over the edge of the boiler stack and the rainwater simply falls off onto the roof, besides a nice peice of stainless looks better for much longer.

Yea Jim, the bad thing is that many of these stoves simply have a random piece of pipe as a chimney and a lot aren't easily adapted to use a double wall. 

I'm not in any way trying to argue that double wall isn't better, just that trying to find the right adapters and such to switch a mild steel pipe used as chimney over to double wall stainless ain't easy.   I have sold a lot of boilers that used that method tho and most my customers use a short piece of single wall stainless
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »

chimney cap or no?

I run them on mine.....  It never comes off
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]