Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: erratic temp reading on CB5036  (Read 2159 times)

mckeeb

• View Profile
erratic temp reading on CB5036
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »

Hi, the digital temperature readout on my furnace can jump down or up just by shutting the furnace door or side door. Like this morning it read 234 degrees which wasn't correct but it had the solenoid closed and was really about 140 degrees.

Any thoughts on this? I had a guy tell me it could be a ground issue or loose wire back in the panel.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: erratic temp reading on CB5036
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 03:41:35 AM »

Not sure but if all the wires are tight I would replace it asap if this is the aquastat.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Ridgekid

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »

Do you have a ground rod installed? If yes, then it might be the controller itself.

How old is the unit? Could it be covered under warranty?

mckeeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »

Guys, I may have found the problem. I took the panel cover off today and just started wiggling wires. One wire in particular going to a relay fastened to a shelf inside caused the unit to jump its readings to 2xx degrees then error out. I shut the stove down and tightened the wire along with the other 3 wires that were sort of loose. All seems to be working fine now but I'll keep an eye on it.

Ridgekid

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »

Hey good job!. I think it's time for CB to find some new electricians. My problem was with the light senor in Auto mode. Would not work right. Luckily the dealer fixed it before he left. (Wire incorrectly)