Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: PORTAGE AND MAIN BL34-44  (Read 18044 times)

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
Re: PORTAGE AND MAIN BL34-44
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »

Minimum size requirements on out building, setback from house requirements and making it look like/similar to home to blend are hindrances there.  Also, I have a 1376 sq ft garage that I can easily/inexpensively make a separate room in for an indoor unit.  Hate to give up garage space, but it appears as my only option at the moment with the cash I have available to put towards this.  Of course my budget is completely blown right now.  Won't be able to do much until I can get this one sold.  Sorry I'm a whiner right now.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 12:25:47 PM »

no your not whining, I definitely understand your situation...I would give Brian a Call at P&M and ask about possibly buying back the unit. I would hope that they would do right by you and understand your situation. Its worth a shot.

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 01:06:26 PM »

Oh one more thing to compound my misery, called my dealer and he has went out of the business of selling the furnaces, and just texted me back that he could be of no assistance.
Merry Christmas!

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »

Wow...
If yours is a pre May 2015 manufacture before the EPA regs it might sell pretty easily on Craigslist as it would be a used unregulated model. Now's the time to advertise v. in the spring or summer.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »

I posted it there as well already.  Thanks though.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »

dealer can't help??? call Brian Martin at the manufacturing plant.  that's bullcrap!!

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 05:59:05 AM »

dealer can't help??? call Brian Martin at the manufacturing plant.  that's bullcrap!!

Not sure why you think Brian should step in here? The OP said he purchased the unit January 2016, and I believe from a dealer who isn't in the business anymore. Don't know how this is Brian's responsibility. IMO.

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 06:42:02 AM »

Not sure why you think Brian should step in here? The OP said he purchased the unit January 2016, and I believe from a dealer who isn't in the business anymore. Don't know how this is Brian's responsibility. IMO.
Its not the manufacturers fault.  I only called back to see if my dealer might know anyone that was shopping for a unit and would want a gently "used" unit.  I'm not looking for an even swap here, just venting a little bit about my issue and trying to find a home for this unit so I can go to an indoor gasser or maybe even a garn.  Its going to cost me a little, but in the end I will beat these people.

Crow

• Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 07:40:35 AM »

GUSWHIT, I can totally get your frustration and I hope you can find an answer to your situation.

My post was only in response to d5knapp as he mentioned Brian and or PM should do something. Maybe they are, maybe not, but I wouldn't have expected them to do anything if it were me in this situation. I know that you have only been burning for a few weeks, but you mentioned that you purchased it almost 2 years ago. If this info is incorrect, my apologies.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:54:20 AM by Crow »

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 10:27:13 AM »

No, everything you said is correct.  I was just trying to clarify things that maybe people did not glean from the rest of the thread.  No worries about responses from anyone here.  I'm just trying to put out the word at this time to get it to a good home without losing my a$$ completely now.  If I hadn't been so pokey building my house, I would have had it all hooked up right after I bought it but was trying to get the family moved in, then of course summer hits and doing other things, not thinking about winter ever coming and wanting heat.  I realize that the weather hasn't been too cold around my parts yet, but the heat it was putting off in my system was wonderful.  I had to turn the thermostat in the basement down because the slab was keeping it too warm down there!  I was just getting the feel for the loading and the heat needs and had been just bringing wood home from my side firewood business since I started.  I had burned not quite 3 full size pickup loads of wood that was just thrown in loosely about level full with the box sides.  I believe that it was going to be quite more efficient than my old CB 5036 while heating a much larger house, garage and the infloor heat.  Not that it matters now.  If you know of anyone that wants a great stove and a great deal, please send them this way.  Thanks guys for the support!

Crow

• Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 11:15:51 AM »

Hey, life gets on the way, I know that. Good luck with everything.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »

I didn't mean "thts bull crap" on P&M....I mean that sucks his dealer is now out of business. I said call Brian because he seems like a good guy that would be willing to help....that's all. Didn't mean "its his problem" but rather maybe he can HELP the situation.

GUSWHIT

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »

Someone must need to buy themselves a Christmas present! LOL.  Was hoping to not have to run the circulator all winter if I didn't have to!  This pre EPA stove will make someone a great unit and at a GREATLY discounted price from a new one!

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 02:51:43 AM »

There is no local dealers that will give a buy back price? You said your P&M dealer is out of business...anyone other dealers around to call?

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »

Get a Garn and be done with it.  Then they can kiss your a&$.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:24:11 PM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5