Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heatmaster mf 5000e or central boiler cl5036  (Read 19269 times)

lasor1

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster ss
  • OWF Model: Heatmaster mf 5000
    • View Profile
Heatmaster mf 5000e or central boiler cl5036
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »

:thumbup: hello I am new to owbs. I been looking at a heatmaster mf5000e and a central cl5036 I have 2 dealers close by to me that sells these boilers I am leaning toward the heatmaster but haven't heard any reviews on the mf 5000e and is it worth the extra cash over the standard 5000 series thanks for all your help also does anyone know how good these companies stand by there warranties thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:52:21 AM by lasor1 »

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Heatmaster mf 5000e or central boiler cl5036
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »

Where are you located? What do you plan on burning in it? IE: green wood, seasoned split wood, coal etc)

lasor1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »

I plan on burning mostly dry split wood I have some now stocked up some of it is two years old season wood maybe some green if it will burn it and maybe try coal sometime if it works good and I can get a good price on it I live in northeast tn.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »

I don't believe the Central boiler will do very good with coal. It might work to mix it with wood but probably won't burn real well.
I didn't go look it up but if I remember right the Heatmaster 5000E has an extra bypass to pull more heat out of the wood. That to me sounds like you would want to avoid green wood completely as it would be cooling the smoke a lot more and cause creosote problems.

A few other things I will throw out there that you may already know. Heatmasters are imported from Canada and made from 409ss. I personally would never buy a boiler (again  :o) that was made of any type stainless. Doing a search will get you plenty on info from both sides.
Central boiler has natural draft instead of forced draft and I don't think they have an ash pan option so you will have to shovel the ashes out the door. Central Boiler does have an optional blower that can be added but from what I have heard they don't work very well because the boiler was not designed for it.

You might want to try looking up Scott7m on here. I haven't seen him post in a while but he was from Grayson Ky (not sure if that is close to you) and he sells the same brand as me. Just another option worth looking at.

Ridgekid

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »

lasor1-

I left my opinion here:

http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=1016.0

RSI-

You are correct. The 5036 does not have a ash pan, and it's not designed for coal burning because it doesn't have a ash pan.

lasor1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Thanks for all the info people. I do like that central is made in usa and is simple but a great layed out system I hear. I was just wondering about the heamaster mf 5000e because the grates allow u to burn coal and the second burn chamber should be more efficient but who knows. I wonder how the compare as far as the smoke output out the chimmeny and how it compared to an indoor wood furnace far as smoke output does anyone know. My closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away we have no regulations yet in my county and my boiler will be at least 250 ft away from neighbor you think I would have any problems with them far as smoke out. Or do I need to look into gassification units I heard to stay away from them right now. What's everybodys opion on that?Thanks for all the info people!

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »

I burned coal in a Heat Master last year, MF3000. I'm planning on burning a HE model this year because my father in law burned one last year and used a lot less wood and coal. I found that coal would last almost 3 times as long as wood.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »

I burned coal in a Heat Master last year, MF3000. I'm planning on burning a HE model this year because my father in law burned one last year and used a lot less wood and coal. I found that coal would last almost 3 times as long as wood.

Good to see you back. 

I'm going to sell my NCB 175 as a used stove I beleive and try either a g100 or perhaps a 5000HE, just trying to decide. 

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »

I burned a G200 for two months last winter ( feb and march). Its a nice stove but it requires cleaning every week and takes more time then the HE models. I was burning a G200 while my father in law burned a MF5000E. I think we burned the same amount of wood but he spent less time messing with his. The one good thing about the G model was the lack of smoke but that isn't an issue where I'm at. I have been very impressed by the HE models and am putting one in at my place this fall.
 Sorry I have not been on here at all this summer.  I decided to run for public office here in my county and defeated a 23 year incumbent in a primary several weeks ago. I was going door to door and attending events all summer and didn't have much time for my business. Now that it is over I am back and ready to start selling furnaces.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »

Sounds good, glad to have you back.  Congrats on your victory.

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »

Thanks. I'm glad to see you selling Heat Master, in my opinion they are the best on the market. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »

I really like them, feel confident in selling them! 

I keep kicking around the idea of taking out
my ncb175, and installing a g100 or 5000e,
I think I'm leaning towards the 5000e!  I like burning a
little coal lol
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »

Stay away from Heatmaster at all costs. They are garbage and the customer service is garbage as well.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »

I've dealt with several different companies in the industry and Heatmaster is the most professional one I've dealt with thus far. 

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

treadyw

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »

The heat master dealer in my area is always available to answer all my questionsno  matter what time it was. I told them I had it narrowed down to two different dealers he still told me that he would help me out anyway that I needed even if I didn't buy one from him. He said if I needed parts for installation he would help me and I need information on how to install the unit he would also help. That there alone would make want to buy a  heat master because of the dealer
Pages: [1] 2