Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: empyre pro series 200  (Read 4623 times)

ecc_33

• View Profile
empyre pro series 200
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »

Love the boiler. Sips on wood. Easy maintance. BUT, Not long after I got the boiler the draft door stuck. After that haven't had any trouble. This morning at 12:30 a.m. I woke up to the furnace not shutting off and cool air out the vents. Went to the basement and sure enough luke warm pex coming in the house. It was 14.1* outside. Went down with my service truck in case I needed tools. Once again draft door stuck shut. I pecked it with a piece of wire and wa la. DRAFT. Woke up again to the same thing at 5:00 a.m. Did the same thing. wa la draft. Came home at 10:30 a.m. and everything was ok. Took a flat head screw driver and worked the door back and forth a few times. Everything seemed fine and free. Just came up from the boiler and just got home (5:00 p.m.) Everything fine again. Talk about frusterating!!!!!! RANT OVER!

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: empyre pro series 200
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:15 PM »

Can you see anything on it causing it to stick??? 

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

Love the boiler. Sips on wood. Easy maintance. BUT, Not long after I got the boiler the draft door stuck. After that haven't had any trouble. This morning at 12:30 a.m. I woke up to the furnace not shutting off and cool air out the vents. Went to the basement and sure enough luke warm pex coming in the house. It was 14.1* outside. Went down with my service truck in case I needed tools. Once again draft door stuck shut. I pecked it with a piece of wire and wa la. DRAFT. Woke up again to the same thing at 5:00 a.m. Did the same thing. wa la draft. Came home at 10:30 a.m. and everything was ok. Took a flat head screw driver and worked the door back and forth a few times. Everything seemed fine and free. Just came up from the boiler and just got home (5:00 p.m.) Everything fine again. Talk about frusterating!!!!!! RANT OVER!
Why is it getting stuck closed?
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »

He and another guy have had this issue a couple times,  I've yet to see it in person but I'm not sure what is causing it

Wish I knew!  Hopefully this thread will tell us more
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »

No Scott. It was ever so less effort to get it to open. The door appeared to be clean around the outside edge when i opened it manually. The only thing I see is when its warmer weather the burn times are lengthened between each other. The fire box gets slimmy and a very thin coat of creosote on it. Im guessing around that door is the same thing. Keep in mind im buring really dry wood. All oak, cherry, honey locas, and alot of really dry dead elm. Its defentely not becuase of wet wood!!!! I can take pics of all my wood pile around the boiler if any questions come about that! The logs that I have down there are honey locas that are still very heavy and assume that are still wet. Haven't cut or split them yet for this reason because of haveing so much dry wood still. I just know this is def a problem with this stove!!!! And ever since that day its been fine. I didn't pull the fan or door out of it this time but prob will tommorrow when i do my weekly cleaning just for piece of mind.

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:55 AM »

Mine has done the same thing. Door will get stuck and just takes a little bump and it opens. I have been taking the fan and door off every two weeks to clean it out. The door gets hard creosote build up on it that flecks off. Also getting hard chunks of creosote in the airbox, before it was a liquid like mess now its hard chunks that I pull out by hand. Have been trying to not overload it, and have been burning dry stuff, its really my only complaint with the stove.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »

Mine has done the same thing. Door will get stuck and just takes a little bump and it opens. I have been taking the fan and door off every two weeks to clean it out. The door gets hard creosote build up on it that flecks off. Also getting hard chunks of creosote in the airbox, before it was a liquid like mess now its hard chunks that I pull out by hand. Have been trying to not overload it, and have been burning dry stuff, its really my only complaint with the stove.
I feel the same way Maverick. Only complaint and am going through the same exact thing with very very dry wood. I wonder were my pro former and drill cleaning kit is?

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »

Pm sent Eric
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »

Hey Scott if I'm poking my nose in, let me know, sure sounds like the same thing that we went through with air leaks, they may want to take a good look at any possibility of that!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »

Hey Scott if I'm poking my nose in, let me know, sure sounds like the same thing that we went through with air leaks, they may want to take a good look at any possibility of that!

Hey, where was the leak and what was it doing?

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

What kind of moisture meter do you have to measure wood content, mine is acting up but it does have some miles on it. Since I use it for several applications I don't mind spending a few extra. I wish fluke had a pin style, like the ex tech and UEi I have.
Michigan Thumber

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 06:02:25 AM »

Mostly door gaskets and some of the early ones did not get the air box sealed well against the back of the boiler, both were pretty easy fixes with high temp silicone, I don't know enough about your product to make a good guess but air infiltration was our biggest issue.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.