Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Out with the Taylor in with the Heatmaster g200  (Read 3288 times)

Jasonvose

• OWF Brand: Heatmasters
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
Out with the Taylor in with the Heatmaster g200
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »

Hello everyone I'm new to the site.  I just wanted to tell my story. So once upon a time I had a great idea of buying a owb.  This would replace a oil boiler and a buck Woodstove insert. I asked around and found a friend that new someone that wanted to sell a Taylor do to a recent divorce. Long story short I bought it for a cheap 1500$. Installed so said owb and after 2 weeks up and running my next door neighbors came over complaining about smoke/smell in his yard which followed by a note from the town and a visit from the department of health. Uhg right. Needless to say after permits filed,inspections,stack heights blah blah blah we are all legal. Thought we where all set right ; NOT neighbors would call my wife and complain that smoke is coming into the yard and are making her kids sick. Needless to say my wife's anxiety was up. First thought get rid of the boiler. After running the Taylor for 2 seasons we came across a State of CT program good deal for good neighbors. Long story short the State of CT gave us $6000. Dollar towards a high efficiency owb. After searching websites and blogs we decided on a Heatmaster g200. I have been running the g200 for 2 months. So if anyone is interested in the Heatmaster this is what I experienced. I bought my unit from Edward Newbould in MA. Ed was great answered all my questions and the communications was great. The unit was delivered and placed on my pad for a small delivery fee.  The unit runs great! No smoke when running. Minimal smoke after loading almost a white hazy clear smoke that disapates in about 15 to 20 feet after coming out of the stack. Most noticeable smoke was when I first lit up the unit or if the water temp is lower then 100degrees. The unit runs great with the exception of on warmer days above 40 degrees outside air temp the firebox would go out and needed to be relit which was very frustrating. It would go out overnight and temps would be 100 degrees in the morning and fire was out.  After making an inquiry to the representative we are going to make some adjustments to my settings. So I will post updates after adjustments are made. All said an done the unit meets all expectations and more and yes I would highly recommend this unit to a friend. Any questions about the grant can ask me also!

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
Re: Out with the Taylor in with the Heatmaster g200
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:36:20 AM »

Congradulations on the investment. 👍👍👍It will pay you back many times over. 💲💲💲
   Mine is running great even in this warm //cold spell of this winter. 💦💦💦What winter right.
Best regards.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

Hey Jason , I also purchased my boiler from Ed Newbould. It's here in SE MA I have nothing but good things to say about the whole deal. I had some trouble keeping mine going in warm temps at first but , we reset the time between cycles when it is not in a heating cycle. I am running mine at 45 min between cycles and it burns for 5 min. The factory is set for 90 min between cycles and for 3 min burn. Also I have messed with how I load the wood to make sure there is a nice thick coal bed so it lights fast. no trouble since
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

Jasonvose

• OWF Brand: Heatmasters
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:31:26 AM »

Thanks Big Al.  I'm going to do the same here soon.  How did you change the settings?  is it on the display?

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »

You have to remove the display to get to the control panel for the boiler controls. Then there is a series of steps to access the proper place to change the settings. I got the information from Richard , he got it from heatmaster.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.