Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rated BTU output?  (Read 4938 times)

Jared43758

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C250
    • View Profile
Re: Rated BTU output?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »

O well I only heat a 50 gallon hot water tank, I use a sidearm, which constantly absorbs a little heat but very little when I'm not using hot water.  My stove runs 3 times longer to run its cycle under no load  when it's 0 compared to 50 :bag:
Stihl MS290
Stihl MS660 Magnum
Husky 21 ton splitter

Southeast Ohio

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 02:07:05 PM »

I’m running the waste oil boiler water and G400 water thru a 70 FPHX, I have a hundred thousand BTU air handler in one corner and a 50,000 heater under the welding supply fridge right next to the welding bench and another 50,000 under the bolt bin pointing at the lathe, bridgeport and drill presses. I have added a differential controller so the only time the water moves between the waste oil and FPHX is when the G400 water is hotter then the waste oil water, was getting way too long a idle times when waiting for 700 gallons of water to cool off, so technically sometimes the G400 isn’t under very much load at all if the shop water is warmer than the G400 water and nothing is calling for heat in the house.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »

Are you saying that you have a no load situation for 20 to 30 min when it is 0 deg. outside? My indoor furnace would cycle several times in that length of time. The only way I could see that much of a difference in a no load burn cycle is if there is a long time in the cycle where there is no ignition.Otherwise there should not be much difference.I'm burning a C375 and I thought it takes less time to reach temp because the stove cycles more often and coal bed is hotter from the former cycle and ignite quicker. Also cold air holds more oxygen, like a intercooler on a diesel engine, and packs more punch than hot air if you get ignition.But maybe I'm just dumb and can't see through this but I think you have some heat load somewhere.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 07:07:46 AM »

It’s possible, especially after 9pm, the wife and I both like a cool house at night, so the thermostat sets itself from 72 to 67 at 9pm, would also depend on what the 450 gallons of water in the shop is doing.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 07:16:01 AM »

I was thinking of Jared with a C model. Seems to me that stove should be up to temp a lot quicker than 20- 30 min with no load whatever temp outside. I've timed C units coming up to temp from dead cold to set point in winter at 35 min. with the right fuel.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

Jared43758

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C250
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »

I have a 12 degree loop set on my stove. 168-180.  When it's 40-50 m stove only kicks on every 2 hrs usually,   Maybe 30-45 minute cycles when it's really cold. And maybe it doesn't run 20-25 minutes with no load but it does seem to run longer.  Like I say I have my stove to kick on at 168.  When it hits 168 and the blower kicks on, the stove temp will go down 166 maybe 165 before it starts going back up when the temp is 25-35 degrees out. So then it takes longer to get up to 180. Ofcourse I burn a lot of pine until it get 10 or below, then I'll burn straight hardwood.
Also I'm not sure if cool air would make a fire burn better in a stove. Its not being compressed in a engine. All I know is the colder the air the cooler it makes my stove temp and see a the longer it takes my stove to reignite into a good burning fire and longer it takes to to shut off.
If it's 45 out and I have my usual mixer or pine it'll only take 4-5 minutes to go from 168-180. And my stove temp doesn't drop below 168 when it starts
Stihl MS290
Stihl MS660 Magnum
Husky 21 ton splitter

Southeast Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]