Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hardy plates  (Read 4035 times)

DaveWertz

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
Hardy plates
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »

Has anyone tried the hardy effisancy plates yet? Im really want to know about these and if there worth the buy or not!! There has got to be somebody out there that has tried them..
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy plates
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »

Are you talking about the plate that usually comes standard in the H4's?  The flat plate that goes on the top of the firebox underneat the chimney? 

Or are you talking about the corkscrew device that goes into the exhaust?  I have wondered about this one, but haven't heard of anyone that has tried one.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

I believe he is talking about that corkscrew for the H2 or the Baffle plate for the H4 made out of C channel from that Hardy dealer. Never tried either myself or talked to anyone that has but I seem to like my flue extension myself, $5 worth of flue pipe and some 1/2 rod to make it.

DaveWertz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:30:02 PM »

Can you tell the differance it made in performs? Im looking for any which way to get even an extra hr of burn from my stove. The setup you made, just how exactly does it work? You got my attention now.
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »

Do you see good results with that? That would be very simple to setup.   I'm curious as well.   Does or just stick down into the fire box and the rod hang on the top of the main flu pipe to hold it in place?
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

Farmer Blue

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »

I have had a modified baffle for my H4 that I bought off my dealer. It is a two piece that bolts together after you get it up in over the support rods. It leaves a one inch gap around the outside for exhaust/draft. There is a slide door in the center to open to increase draft and for clean out when needed. I have had mine for 4 years. The savings of wood is 25-33%. Well worth the money. If I recall the cost was $150-175.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:50:38 PM by Farmer Blue »
Hardy H4
Stihl 290
Homemade splitter on IH 656

d conover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:01:56 AM »

I have had a modified baffle for my H4 that I bought off my dealer. It is a two piece that bolts together after you get it up in over the support rods. It leaves a one inch gap around the outside for exhaust/draft. There is a slide door in the center to open to increase draft and for clean out when needed. I have had mine for 4 years. The savings of wood is 25-33%. Well worth the money. If I recall the cost was $150-175.

Does this go on top of the plate that is already there?    Mine has a plate that sits on top of two bars right below the flue.
Southeast Missouri
Hardy H4
044 Stihl
038 Stihl
5100s Dolmar
55R husqvarna
CS301 Echo

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »

HD5, you take out the 'flame buster' and put this thing in its place. It has been talked about a lot and somehow I missed seeing farmer blue post about it. I have never been able to find anyone that actually bought one. I do feel as though my flue extention helps but really have no way to quantify it because of so many variables. I believe that it is definitely helping though! I am going through on average .4 cords per week right now and it has been VERY cold. This is pretty good for me. I used to go through approx. half of a cord per week in the cold.