Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New NCB 250  (Read 3770 times)

mruss

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Natures Comfort
  • OWF Model: NC250
    • View Profile
New NCB 250
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »

Had an NCB 250 installed two weeks ago with hot water plate heat exchanger.  Our house was always cold in the wintner, and my wife freezes.  Now she has been complaining that it was to hot.  Got the thermostat set at 74.  We had a problem for about a week with the hot water.  The water never seemed to get hot.  We called the dealer about the problem.  He called back the next day and said he had been thinking about the issue.  He brought the plumber back the next day and moved a pipe.  Now we have very hot water and it never ends.  We love it. 
It took me over a week of putting wood in to figure out how and where to place it so it burns completely.  Only filling it up twice a day now, and about over just going to check on it every hour to see what its doing.
We had no wood when we installed it.  A neighbor up the road logged about 10 acres over a year ago.  We have been cutting up all the tops left.  Not alot to split.  I think we have over a months supply stacked and lots more that I need to go cut up.
I don't know why we didn't put one in years ago.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: New NCB 250
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »

mruss - Welcome to the forum and good luck with your NCB 250.
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »

The installer hired a plumber?

What was wrong
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

mruss

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Natures Comfort
  • OWF Model: NC250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »

The dealer has a couple of crews that install for him. On the initial install an electrican-plumber, and two helpers came out.  It took them about 7 hours to do the installation.  The dealer then came out and showed me how everything worked.  After having only warm water for two days he brought the plumber back. We have two hot 40 gallon water heaters in series.  The hot water from the heat exchanger was going to a tee on a pvc pipe that ran in between both water heaters.  He moved that pvc pipe to the first water heater and that heater feeds the other heater.  Now we have unlimited hot water.