Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: After bankruptcy  (Read 3936 times)

Intheoaks

After bankruptcy
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »

I was hoping to hear from a few fellow HeatSource1 owners since they are defunct now. I have not had any major problems with my 555 (knock on oak) just normal maintenance since 05. I heard that Heatmor is very similar design but have not had a need for much until recently, any thoughts on that? I have been looking to stock up a couple parts and was wondering if anyone has found a good reasonable place for parts? I need to get a couple anodes and a replacement bladder, any suggestions? I had a controller go bad on me a couple years back (no big deal) but was wondering if anyone else had problems that I may have coming down the road. Appreciate any input from your experiences, thanks.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
Re: After bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »

New owner in Kansas I guess. They sent out a letter  awhile back stating parts would be available through them. Just google heatsource 1 and note the address change. My understanding is that the two are pretty much identical, Heatsource and heatmor. Anyway, if you are willing to search, pretty much all the component parts are "sourced" from outside vendors so you should be able to find what you need elsewhere also.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
Re: After bankruptcy
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »

No problems here. My controller is a little funky.....kinda acts like the key pad is a little off. I use a pen if I need to reset. All the components are available elsewhere. My particular unit is the earth energy 190, so no bladder. If you google your part in question you should come up with some other sources. What are you suspect of?