Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: extra pump on blow off side  (Read 2496 times)

hillbilly

extra pump on blow off side
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »

Looking for some advice I have a woodmaster 4400 which has been great the only thing is Every year i have to disconnet a wire off the controler and move it to another place in the controler so  the extra pump on the blow off side and the original pump on the oil furnace will work together. Is this right ?? If i leave them both going in the summer im heating the water in my wood furnace with oil !!!Do i need the extra pump on the blow off side. We followed the insrtuctions on the install but seems like were not doing something right. I was tiold to have both pumps run togher so i have constent hot water going thur the heat exchanger and the oil furnace at all times. Any sugestions would be great !!

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: extra pump on blow off side
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »

What exactly is it that you are referring to as the blow off side? What does the wire you are moving do? Any way you could make a diagram of the piping?

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:41:13 AM »

I have been installing furnaces for a long time and have never heard of a blow off side. I would love to help but would have to better understand how you installed the system.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

hillbilly

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »

Let me try to explain again what im trying to do.. On my oil furnace which is a (tank less) system so my domestic hot water sits inside the boiler until its called for. I have a pipe that comes out from the top of the furnace which has a pressure release valve so if boiler over heats it will (blow off) the hot water. In the diagram my WoodMaster dealer gave me it says to plumb a pump on the (blow off) pipe into a heat exchanger and then back into the bottom of the oil furnace. My question is do i still need the stock pump thats on my oil furnace?  Or do i wire them to work together ??

Steve f

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »

hilbilly yes you still need the oil furnace pump also you should be able to leave the wiring alone cause the outdoor wood furnace should be kept hotter to fool the oil boiler , not to fire cause the water is hot enough, or right now does the pump only run when the oil boiler is running ?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »

your domestic water is sitting in your furnace so your dealer has asked you to pipe a pump off your "blow off line" into a heat exchanger and then back into the furnace. this pump needs to run all the time. this will keep the water in your furnace dirculating through the furnace and keep it above the temp that calls for your oil to come on. as for how your water moves to the heting elements of your system can you explain?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

hillbilly

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:52:04 AM »

willieG you hit the nail right on the head. my heating system is forced hot water so i have taco aquastats with 1 pump on my wood master 4400 has a pump that runs constantly to feed the heat exchanger. The only problem Im having now is like steve f said the oil furnce pump will not run so now i have the blow off pump tring to push water thru a pump thats not running because after the heater exchanger we plumbed back into the furnace above the original oil furnce pump !!!! i have burned out 1 pump already The only thing we did to make it work is to switch the wires on the controler to run both pumps together. It works but in the summer i have too keep switching back in forth. I either need to replumb or re wire