Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Over heating problemW  (Read 1604 times)

koutsman

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
Over heating problemW
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »

We have been gone all weekend, I had put in enough wood to have a fire going for just heating the water to make it till Sat. night or Sun. morning. Well we didn't get home till 8 o'clock this evening and my fire was out, so I made fire real quick and got it going pretty good and looked at my site tube and it is very low on water my pump has been running all weekend.
Well I looked all around no leaks and finally looked  in the back and below one of the shutoff valve's is a little puddle and I wiped my hand under it and got a wet hand. My question is do I fill a pretty low boiler that is at 155 degrees with cold water or not??? I do have quite a bit wood in it to get it hot
Kouts, Indiana
Legend 6180 - Installed 11/09
STIHL Farm Boss 20"

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Over heating problemW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »

Most people do and don't worry about it.

It would be better if you run it in slow so it can mix with the hot water and warm up before it gets to the boiler.

koutsman

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
Re: Over heating problemW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

Thanks RSI,  I shut my pump off and put in about a quarter to a half of a tank of water in boiler and shut air intake off as tight  as I could then I shut off  the outbound and return valves then it quit leaking. Have went out to check the temp 3 or 4 times and it is staying around 120 . Tomorrow I will have to replace the valve.
Kouts, Indiana
Legend 6180 - Installed 11/09
STIHL Farm Boss 20"