Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Received an Alarm  (Read 1612 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Received an Alarm
« on: December 05, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »

This morning around 1:00am I received an alarm on my cell phone saying that the Edge 550 HD had lost communication and that I haven't received any updates for a bit.  So I got dressed and went outside to make sure the OWB was still heating the house, it was, so I disabled the alarm on my cell phone and went back to bed.  When it was time to put wood in it at 6:00am I turned off the controller and waited for a few seconds and turned it back on, it made no difference, I wasn't receiving any updates.  When I got to work I emailed Tyler, the IT guy at CB and stated my problem.  He checked everything on their end and he said everything was operating as it should.  He recommended that I reboot the cable modem and report back to him my findings.  So when I got home I rebooted the cable modem and I am now receiving updates as I should.  Something so simple that I should have been able to figure it out on my own but didn't.  Oh well...  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

bjp

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 750 Titanium HD
    • View Profile
Re: Received an Alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 07:08:09 AM »

Nice, quick, accurate and helpful response!  Glad to see stories like this of them helping users out.

I have an outdoor wifi extender mounted on a pole that the Firestar controller accesses for its network connection (along with some outdoor security cameras), and it has been rock solid other than one instance where it did just this and I had to go down to the basement to yank the plug and put it back in, which brought everything right back online immediately.  8 months of that router working fine with only reset ever required, and of course it doesn't happen until I hook a furnace up to it.

Are you able to share contact info for Tyler?  I have a few very minor changes to suggest to the Firestar web site that might make it a bit more usable for us, and I haven't been able to find the right contact to pass them on to, I don't want to just hit the regular customer service number.

Imagine if the dashboard showed, in addition to everything it shows now, the peak reaction chamber temperature reached in the current/last demand cycle.  I'd also like them to add, when the dashboard is viewed during a demand cycle, the burn duration of the current demand cycle.  All these details can be pulled from the history page, but it would save a click.

7.5kW solar panels, grid tied
Weil-McLain WGO-4 oil boiler
DR Trimmer brush hog / mower deck / chipper / snowthrower