Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Temp.  (Read 9104 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: What Temp.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:19 PM »

I might have read your post wrong.
The valve sends bypasses the house until the water gets up to 150? I thought they put hot into the return line to keep it from being too cold.

A lot of people run closer to 140 but with the natural draft maybe Central boilers can't burn off the creosote if running that cool.

Ridgekid

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:06 PM »

RSI-

During start-up my thermo valve gets hot but does not open until 150F+. In other words I can go in the basement and feel the pipe to and from the OWB are getting hot but the rest of the piping is ice cold.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »

ok that is what I figured after I re-read your post. I should read more carefully.  ;D

Ridgekid

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 04:53:28 AM »

No problem!   ;)

Thats propbably why they want the 185F setpoint, that and the fact higher temps prevent creosote.

Downstream of the thermostat is the aquastat. It "tells" my heating system to either turn on the furnace fan or the heatpump. Setpoint is 165F.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »

No problem!   ;)

Thats propbably why they want the 185F setpoint, that and the fact higher temps prevent creosote.

Downstream of the thermostat is the aquastat. It "tells" my heating system to either turn on the furnace fan or the heatpump. Setpoint is 165F.

that may be why they tell you to run it at 185, I'm not sure.  I know that with a forced draft the fire is more intense when it's burning and it burns off the creosote pretty good.  Every couple weeks I'll pull my fan adjustment wide open and let it roar a couple minutes to burn the creosote at the top of my spark arrestor.  I have never had my stove above 160 though except testing wood usage. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2]