Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New to the forum with a few questions  (Read 997 times)

Ratchet Thunderbolt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Global Hydronics
  • OWF Model: GH-2000
    • View Profile
New to the forum with a few questions
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »

Hello everyone,

When I married and moved into my wife's country residence two years ago the GH-2000 owb was already here.  Since that time I've become very familiar with it and I have a few basic but big questions regarding the boiler. 

1.  Should the circulating pump suction side be hooked up to the boiler water jacket reservoirs so the system in the house in pressurized?  It looks like the pump in my unit has been replaced and the suction side is on the house side and pressure side feeds into the main reservoirs of the boiler.   So currently everything in the house is in vacuum or suction. 

2.  Can you clean the heat exchanger in the furnace?  If so how does everyone go about this?  Do you power flush it or take it out and chemically clean it? 

3.  I've had a flow meter installed in the plumbing but what other gages and sensors does everyone usually install?  Temperature, pressure??

4.  After this heating season is over I will be making any plumbing changes and adding anything the system needs.

Thanks for any information and I'm looking forward to reading and contributing to the forum.

Doug