Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hardy H2  (Read 3599 times)

slosh250

• View Profile
Hardy H2
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:13 PM »

Is 1500 a fair price for a H2 that is a 1992 model or would you guys shy away from it being that old?

m-44

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hardy
  • OWF Model: h-2
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy H2
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

sounds good if make SURE didnt have major problems. about 5000 less than i gave for my new one.

dumbodog00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »

An OWB that has been used for 20 years is probably seen better days.  Not to say that you wouldn't get more time out of it, but that is pretty old.  It is also hard to say how it has been treated all those years.  It could be just fine, but that is something I would not risk.
If you go that route, check to make sure everything works and there are no leaks.

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

I am going to check it over good, my father in law has everything stainless to weld if it did need it. It would be just to get us by for a few winters till i could put a new one in its place.Or how ever long it last without putting to much into it.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »

The hardy is very thin 16guage stainless.  If it starts to leak, it's usually not what you think.  They sometimes have a stress/corrosion cracking pattern that looks like shattered glass..  My friend has a 20 year old hardy and it's had 2 fireboxes
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slosh250

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »

Any ideas of known faulty places? Guy said he had it filled with water for a week when the weater was in the 50's a few weeks ago. Said the water never moved. I know its different under heat but i hope its all fine, i am on a really tight budget here and it doesnt have to last me 10 years i am hoping at least a couple 2 or 3 winters. With our all electric it would pay for itself in 2 years that i figured. plus when i can afford a new stove i'll have everything ready to just hook it up.