Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Update on my Crushed Saw  (Read 2182 times)

chadley

• OWF Brand: none-looking
    • View Profile
Update on my Crushed Saw
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »

I'm sorry if you read my post under firewood.  I responded to RSI on that thread but there were others of you on my "crushed saw" thread that gave good advice so I wanted to give you guys an update.

I did go ahead and take my parents generosity in offerring money for a new saw.  I took my crushed saw in and they told me what I expected-not worth fixing.  Husky no longer makes the 359's and are replacing them with an upgraded xp model 562.  It has 2500 more rpm's than the 359 and the carburetor is self adjusting.  They wanted 680 plus tax for it and were willing to give me 60 for my saw (what they figured they could get in parts from it).  I told them I couldn't afford it and left with them checking to see if they could find me a 359 still in stock at another store.  On my way down the road I got to thinking...  I just bought 2 new bars and 2 new chains on Friday.  So, tomorrow I'm going to see if they will take off 60 for my saw and 100 for the bar and chain that come with the 562.  I will buy just the saw and put my new bar/chain from friday on it.  That should knock the price down 160 from 680-520 which I can afford.  Do you guys think they would go for that?  Either way, I will probably sill get the saw.  Looking to try it out Friday.

tawilson1152

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
Re: Update on my Crushed Saw
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »

Buy it. I go through buyers remorse constantly and in the long run have no regrets. It is a tool you will put to good use.

dumbodog00

• View Profile
Re: Update on my Crushed Saw
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »

You can upgrade bars so I would think you could delete one for money savings.  Get it and don't look back.