Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pump quality  (Read 1558 times)

ST98

• View Profile
Pump quality
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:43:28 AM »

As I start to learn more about putting my system together I end up with more questions. From what I read on here it seems three speed pumps have some advantages. I think I have all my head and gpms figured out for my runs. Seems like grundfos pumps hit right in the middle range of what I need so I could go up or down a speed if it wasn't right.

My extreme limited experience has been with Taco. Is grundfos a quality pump?  Are they equal to, better, worse than Taco or are they all pretty much the same. The thing about grundfos is with the three speed I can get pretty much use the same pump for everything except around the house furnace. That has a taco on it now and would like to keep it the same.

Thank you

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Pump quality
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »

IMO grundfos is better than taco.....
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Pump quality
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »

I agree with you on that one for sure Scott, I did just try the new Taco 0015, three speed pump as my supply house was running a special on them, buy 6 and get a free Taco air eliminator (looks and works like a Spirovent) $110 value, I think the circs were about $75 wholesale
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.