Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: really confused  (Read 5683 times)

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
Re: really confused
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 06:05:56 AM »

Slimjim When I ordered my portage and main bl from Brian he was surprised that I knew about the bl being sectional. Only because of your knowledge about the  bl  product on this forum.
installed in 2014

mule20

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: none
  • OWF Model: none
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »

on the heatmaster is the mfe stoves  really that much more efficient  than the mf stoves and iam going to burn some dead pine with mixing hard wood i know the pine will dirty the stove with the extra exhaust pass

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »

on the heatmaster is the mfe stoves  really that much more efficient  than the mf stoves and iam going to burn some dead pine with mixing hard wood i know the pine will dirty the stove with the extra exhaust pass

A couple guys on here have been debating the benefit of the E over the standard Heatmaster design.  I have only had the E so I can't compare.  User "Sluggo" has had both the 10,000 and the 10,000E and claims no difference.  You can read the debate here:  http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=4507.0 

In response to your question about the extra bypass, I have had no creosote issues in my by-pass.  I cleaned it out for really the first time a couple weeks ago.  I pulled out about 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of a very fine powder.  That was approximately 10 cords and 3 solid months of burning.  I have been burning less than 1 year seasoned poplar, soft maple, and 6 months seasoned red oak and LOTS of junk wood.  I'm not familiar with burning pine, but I don't think it would be an issue. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »

Ive ran standard models and e series models here.  I feel that 20-25% would be a fair estimate in Wood use.

As far as top getting dirty, I normally clean the top pass about every 3 weeks, takes 3 minutes as the ash rake fits it nicely. 

Folks with greener wood may need to clean top pass every 10-15 days but it stays pretty dry in it and is easy to clean
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »

A couple guys on here have been debating the benefit of the E over the standard Heatmaster design.  I have only had the E so I can't compare.  User "Sluggo" has had both the 10,000 and the 10,000E and claims no difference.  You can read the debate here:  http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=4507.0 

In response to your question about the extra bypass, I have had no creosote issues in my by-pass.  I cleaned it out for really the first time a couple weeks ago.  I pulled out about 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of a very fine powder.  That was approximately 10 cords and 3 solid months of burning.  I have been burning less than 1 year seasoned poplar, soft maple, and 6 months seasoned red oak and LOTS of junk wood.  I'm not familiar with burning pine, but I don't think it would be an issue.

The exhaust temp tells the story vs just individual stories for me, exhaust temp on a standard model can creep into the 600s or more, e series are in the 400 range
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mule20

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 04:26:22 AM »

you already burned 10 cords of wood in 3months is that normal consumtion for kentucky

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 06:50:10 AM »

you already burned 10 cords of wood in 3months is that normal consumtion for kentucky

No thats not normal, but due to his poor insulation and various applications hes used quite a bit.  I know he will elaborate but a good portion of that wood was rotting and another portion was all soft wood.  Hes played with loadinf it with all hardwoods just to see the difference

Ill let him tell us more but this is what ive talked with him about
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »

I'm in southern Indiana.  Scott is correct.  I had 10 cords cut and stacked before this season started.  Only 2 cords of that was hardwood.  About 3 cords was 1 year old soft maple and poplar.  The remaining 5 cords was a mixture of junk softwoods that had been piled up for over 2-3 years.  It was well on it's way towards rot.  I'd say if you calculated my usage in terms of all good hardwood, I would be right around the 5-6 cord mark.  I'm at 3,000 sft, but my insulation is terrible.  I'd say it equates to 4,500 sft.  Additionally, this has been a winter for the record books.  Records lows all over the place.  I think everyone's usage has peaked this year.  Case and point is the propane shortage and prices that are plaguing the country right now.

I currently have 4.5 cords of hedge, hackberry, and ash ready for next winter.  It will be a different winter for sure. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

mule20

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »

that make me feel better 10 cords is quite a bit of wood thanks for the quick reply
Pages: 1 [2]