Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pump shut off  (Read 1660 times)

ST98

• View Profile
Pump shut off
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:06:26 AM »

Good morning, first I'd like to say 4 1/2 months of 70 degree house temps and warm garage temps. House has never been so warm and I haven't seen the oil man all winter. Thanks to all who helped me through the install.

Since it warmed up for a couple of days here I decided to let the oil burner cycle for 48 hours.  I disconnected the aqua stat off my heat exchanger to let it work. The aqua sat is set so when the incoming water into the HE from the OWB drops below a certain temp the furnace kicks on. Is there a way that when that aqua stat turns the furnace on that it turns the pump off that is between the HE and the furnace.  It seems if my temp from OWB dropped to low and the furnace kicked it would never shut off due to trying to keep the OWB warm.  We don't leave the furnace more than twelve hours so even if the fire went out I don't think the water would freeze in 12 hours.

Thanks

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Pump shut off
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:30:33 AM »

Yes, simply use another Aqua-stat with the make on rise to interrupt the blower and pump, you will need to turn it down all the way to re-power it or you can use a 60 minute timer wired in parallel to bypass the Aqua-stat
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

ST98

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:40:22 AM »

Slim, with that aquastat then the power would normally run through it at temperature and then disconnect when it fell to the bottom temp?

Thanks

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

Yes exactly
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.