Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Should of did this 10 years ago  (Read 6313 times)

vinrum

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Should of did this 10 years ago
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:42:32 AM »

There is no words to describe my OWB,, Its been up and running for 3 weeks now, and not of drip of oil burned.. House is at a constant 73 and most of all the wife is happy!!!! Its a 400 series Heatmor, and would recommend one to everybody who is thinking about buying one..I dont know if all brands are the same, but this thing is idiot proof..LOL... The wife is idicted to the thing..She goes out a couple times a day to tend the fire. But I realize the newness will where off and I will be doing solo..Thats alright tho, as long as that 32-3800 heating bill disapears..

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Should of did this 10 years ago
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »

Glad to hear your happy with your owb!  They are great.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »

How large of a house are you heating!  My 200 CSS is much larger than necessary for my very old, drafty house, I couldn't imagine the size house that would require a 400 Heatmor

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »

Glad to hear you are enjoying the savings.Got to love not having to buy fuel oil and LP :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 05:38:42 PM »

Also, congrats on getting yours fired up.  Mine's been running about 3 weeks now as well.  We spent about $1900 in oil last winter and kept the house at 65. 

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »

it is a great feeling when you know the heat is all coming from the wood you cut and its all free and you can turn up the heat and not feel worried about a huge bill coming due next month.  the tendancy will be to over fill and have alot of wood in the bottom 1/2 burned, kind of looks like charcoal lumps.  rake it out and it will burn to a fine powder.  good luck,
Newrichmond, Ohio

vinrum

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »

The house is 3200sq ft, with 9ft ceiling on both floors and and 20 ft ceiling in the family room(alot of wasted heat).. I am planning on heating my 30x40 garage with a in law apartment above it..But this year, I was just concetrating on heating our house and get rid of the outragous heating bill.  I know the 400 is a little big for what I needed, but the price was right..It was a 4 year old boiler with 3 pumps all the fittings and 2 taco boxes. with about 100 ft of Alum=Pex to run to my oil furnace for 3000.00. I had to install 185ft of line underground. . I installed a 50 plate exchanger, I was wondering if I went alittle small on that..The water coming into my plate exchanger is 180 and the oil furnace wont get above 155 the plate exchanger is in the return pipe on the oil boiler, just wondering if the aquastat high limit could be adjusted to bring up the temp or is that a bad idea??

Thanks
Steve

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 07:04:33 PM »

Sounds like you got a great deal. 

The aquastat settings should be:
190 for the high limit safety shut off
No more than 180 for the normal shut off temp
If you're set at 180 (recommended) for the normal shut off temp, use a 20 degree differential.
You don't want to have to dip down below 155 before you start to heat the water again.

My current settings are 190 for the safety shut off, 175 for the normal shut off with a 15 degree differential. 

Your plate exchanger might be a bit small, or just incapable of running the volume of water necessary through it to heat the oil boiler's water up properly.  You could run dual 50 plate exchangers in parallel, and that should raise your temp exchange with the oil boiler as well as increasing the volume of water flowing through the exchanger. 

vinrum

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:48 AM »

How would this be done? Just run them paralell? I was told if I put the plate exchanger out at the OWB, my temps would of  been higher..I just dont know how it makes a difference

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 08:27:48 AM »

Anyone hear the latest news? Shell exec is predicting $5 gallon gas for us Americans. I guess economy must be doing better on paper, so they are going to rape us some more. Glad the boiler is working. Guess, I will work on some solar experiments next. Gotta cut some more wood.