Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plans for gasification OWF?  (Read 3739 times)

Smakman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Plans for gasification OWF?
« on: March 13, 2011, 12:04:31 AM »

Just wondered if anyone out there had plans for a gasification furnace such as jackel440 built.  I have a friend who is a first rate welder and machinist who has agreed to do the work for me over time as I can pay for it out of pocket.  I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it too.  I do want something that has actually been built and proven.....again, like jackel440's.

vpd66

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for gasification OWF?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »

Not to steal your thread, but I would be interested in some plans also. As far has I know of, there is no gasification OWF plans available. I know Seton sells a set of plans for his boiler, but don't claim it to be a gasification unit just high eff. I also know there are quite a few owners of this style furnace that have had there share of issues with it.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »

Well I just drew mine up and made the best use of the materials in my dimensions.I have a stack of grawings somewhere,but they aren't of every piece.Some I just made as I went.So it wouldn't be the best help to ya.You might find it best to just draw up something and then modify that as you go.Then when you get a final design start with your metal.Just shout if you have any questions..oh and good luck :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

vpd66

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:35:40 AM »

Jackel440, Since your project seems to be a sucess. I think you could make quite a bit of money if you were to draw up some plans and sell them. You would be the only one to sell gasification OWF plans. There are other forums (I'm sure you know of) that claim gasification boilers are too complex for someone to build at home, but you have proved them wrong. Good job! I envy you.