Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I LOVE MY ACME FURANCE  (Read 10466 times)

fj40duck

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ACEMEFURANCE
  • OWF Model: 8000 BTU
    • View Profile
I LOVE MY ACME FURANCE
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

-10 BELOW  20 MPH WIND HEATED MY HOUSE NICE LAST LIGHT, 18 HOURS OF FILL :thumbup:

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
Re: I LOVE MY ACME FURANCE
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 01:26:09 PM »

How long have you had it ? I just ordered one from them about 3 weeks now waiting to hear from them any day Darla told me 3 1/2 weeks... Now long did you have to wait
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

sizmo

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Acme
  • OWF Model: 340
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

-10 BELOW  20 MPH WIND HEATED MY HOUSE NICE LAST LIGHT, 18 HOURS OF FILL :thumbup:

I have a Model 340. Which one do you have?

I really like mine too!!

sizmo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »

How long have you had it ? I just ordered one from them about 3 weeks now waiting to hear from them any day Darla told me 3 1/2 weeks... Now long did you have to wait

Was about a 3 week wait for mine. Picked it up at the factory around November 15th. I have the model 340. Let me know if you have any questions about the furnace.

I added a switch to the front to shut off the blower, and  a temperature gauge to the back.

fj40duck

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:54:37 AM »

order my in summer, had a shaver 165 wasn't big enough, i got a 340 heating around 6000 square foot house

Dawnpatrol

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »

I'm glad you guys are posting your reviews about the acme. Their are certainly not enough reviews. I'm from a small town in NJ where I have 4 friends that use a OWB. All of them have wood masters. I do like them but I'm looking at other brands. There's a 3,000$ difference between the two so I'm all about seeing what acme could do for me. From what I gathered, the acme seems to just be plain and simple nothing fancy. It's a big investment so I'm gonna keep doing research. There's a dealer in PA that I would use and most likely go pick up. Thanks guys keep the good and bad coming, great site 

sizmo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »

I'm glad you guys are posting your reviews about the acme. Their are certainly not enough reviews. I'm from a small town in NJ where I have 4 friends that use a OWB. All of them have wood masters. I do like them but I'm looking at other brands. There's a 3,000$ difference between the two so I'm all about seeing what acme could do for me. From what I gathered, the acme seems to just be plain and simple nothing fancy. It's a big investment so I'm gonna keep doing research. There's a dealer in PA that I would use and most likely go pick up. Thanks guys keep the good and bad coming, great site

There was such a big price difference, it was a no-brainer going with the Acme.

I got to see a Model 235, and 340 at a farm show here in Springfield, MO. So I got to see it with my own eyes, and talk to Keith the owner personally several times.

Waited 2 years before pulling the trigger. Saw my neighbors Taylors, and Hardy's in action and just wasn't impressed. Not to mention they were twice as expensive!! My friend has a Central Boiler and I like his. Again it was twice as expensive!!

So for the money you can't go wrong with the Acme furnace. I'll make the grate less course in the off season. The coals drop thru the grate too easy. Easy fix.

The Acme is not perfect. I'm not going to say it is.

I'm very very pleased with my purchase however!!

Dawnpatrol

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »

Thanks sizmo! I called acme today and talked to Keith's assistant, a very nice informative lady. She gave me some info on their insulated pex pipe they make which I'll be most likely ordering it from them. Sounds like the 235 is a good fit for me. Don't see how I would need the 340. My home is 2700 sq and maybe one day I'll put a shop outback but it will be 24x32 nothing big cause I only have 2 acres.

sizmo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »

Thanks sizmo! I called acme today and talked to Keith's assistant, a very nice informative lady. She gave me some info on their insulated pex pipe they make which I'll be most likely ordering it from them. Sounds like the 235 is a good fit for me. Don't see how I would need the 340. My home is 2700 sq and maybe one day I'll put a shop outback but it will be 24x32 nothing big cause I only have 2 acres.

Darla is a nice lady. Can't beat $4,500 for the 235 model.

aries9245

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »

Sizmo was there a temp gauge in the front.and why did you need one in the back....I'm still waiting going on 4 weeks on Monday seems they are waiting for other furnaces to go on the same trip but it's holding mine up...way to far for me to drive
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws

sizmo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »

Sizmo was there a temp gauge in the front.and why did you need one in the back....I'm still waiting going on 4 weeks on Monday seems they are waiting for other furnaces to go on the same trip but it's holding mine up...way to far for me to drive

No temp gauge anywhere to begin with.

I used an automotive mechanical gauge. The sender is about 6 foot long. Not long enough to reach the front.

I wanted it in the back anyway so I could see the gauge from a distance.

aries9245

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »

I used an automotive mechanical gauge. The sender is about 6 foot long. Not long enough to reach the front.

[/quote]

What did you do to install it? What brand is it ...Can't believe they don't come with any temp gauge
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws

sizmo

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »

What did you do to install it? What brand is it ...Can't believe they don't come with any temp gauge

I taped the sender to the supply metal pipe coming out of the furnace. Used silver, aluminum like tape, and insulated it with the silver bubble wrap type insulation. It is a Sunpro mechanical temperature gauge I bought at Autozone. Drilled a 2 1/8" hole in the back left top corner and mounted it there. It reads about 10* too cold, but I use it as a reference anyway.
[/quote]

aries9245

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:13 AM »

That's what I was going to do luv controls make a temp sensor with probe...I also bought the shark bite 1" tee with temp inline temp gauge for inlet and outlet in the basement so I can monitor from there also they were cheap at pex supply.
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws

fj40duck

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »

also i would advise to order extra door if you have promblems with door seals, so when your door seal goes bad just swap doors, i replace door seal in my 2-3 times a winter, i bought and extra for $100.00, that way i don't let the stove to cool down to replace the rope, green wood is hard on the rope seal
Pages: [1] 2