Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Update on E-classic 1400  (Read 2113 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Update on E-classic 1400
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »

Hello all, For past couple of days and nights, we finally are experiencing what I call normal winter weather, minus the snow.  Last night the temps got down 10 degrees with a 10MPH north wind gusting to 20MPH at times.  This morning the temp at 5:00am was 8 degrees with the winds from the north again.  Yesterday afternoon I had to be on the road for an hour plus drive for a Holiday concert performed by the Boston Pops (My 90 year old uncle loves them but has never seen them perform live, I treated him to the concert).  So, at 1:30pm I filled the OWB thinking it would be enough to take me to 5:00am this morning.  I was wrong, it was enough to get me to 4:30pm this afternoon(I even had to remove a few pieces so I could rake the ashes out of the way of the air holes). That's 27 hours without a refill.  To say I'm impressed is an understatement.  The daytime temps have been at 20 degrees all day with a north wind.  The house temps have been at 68 degrees(very comfortable for me, I do not like it too hot in my house).  So far, I'm not sorry I purchased this thing and had it installed.  A little effort servicing the OWB and I'm toasty warm.  I couldn't be more pleased with the operation and how little firewood is needed to keep my house warm.  Roger       
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: Update on E-classic 1400
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »

This is Great to hear, a very wise investment.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Ridgekid

Re: Update on E-classic 1400
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:53:28 PM »

Not to take away from your achievement, but we didn't do to bad with our classic in the last 24 hours. I was able to get 18 hours between stockings. of course being spoiled with free heat we had our thermostat set higher (74*).

Keepem burning!!!