Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking for a recommendation for a supplier of a load of logs near Fenton, MI  (Read 6819 times)

Parks

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy person to supply me with a load of seasoned logs just South of Fenton, MI? I'm looking to get around 20 cord.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile

That maybe pretty tough to find seasoned log length wood..Log length wood doesn't stick around long..Good luck!
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Parks

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

How about green wood?

MattyNH

• View Profile

You can buy green all day long.... Since I don't live in your neck of the woods.. Your best bet to find log length wood is to search online, word of mouth, or simply you see a log truck parked like at a store,for example, write the number down if it's on the truck.. Hope this helps
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile

I use creigs list, go on the free listing. I get my wood deliverd and cut up for free lots of tree guys look to get rid of wood on this site
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

Speed

• View Profile

Send automan77 a pm. He told me he got a load of logs from Mikes logging in Marlette. He'll have a phone number for him. Don't know if it's green or seasoned, but it's a start. You're what an hour away? I imagine he may drive that far.

Parks

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

I actually already talked to Mike. He will charge me $1900 for a 20 cord load. He said he would have to charge extra to come down my way. That's why I'm trying to find someone a bit closer.

I've got quite a bit of wood using craigslist. My plan is to get a log load this year to get a head start. Then I'll continue to get wood trough Craigslist and friends properties. Hopefully this will be the only year I buy wood.

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile

There is so much wood down in nj  I don't have to do any wood for the next few years!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

MattyNH

• View Profile

I actually already talked to Mike. He will charge me $1900 for a 20 cord load. He said he would have to charge extra to come down my way. That's why I'm trying to find someone a bit closer.

I've got quite a bit of wood using craigslist. My plan is to get a log load this year to get a head start. Then I'll continue to get wood trough Craigslist and friends properties. Hopefully this will be the only year I buy wood.
Well If you think of it..$1900 for 20 cord of wood..Your actually paying $95 a cord..Thats pretty good since a grapple load of wood runs from $100 to $125 a cord, at least in my neck of the woods..Whats the delivery charge? I would think you would get somewhat a break since your buying in a large volume
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

Parks

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

The $1900 includes delivery. He said it would be $1800 normally, but he would have to add the $100 to come down my way.

This seems reasonable from the other quote I got, which was $1960 for 20 cord. But this guy said that his truck will hold more like 22-23 cord sometimes. So they determine how much it comes out to once they drop it off. This seemed fishy, so not going with this guy.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile

1900 for 20 cord seems like a good deal to me...you are likely looking at atleast 2 years wood (or more)  thats less than a 1000 per year, thats a pretty cheap heat bill in todays market
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile

When he dropped my wood off the driver told me there was a extra cord on the load. It was a big load. I'm happy with it.
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile

If you've never gotten a log load delivery before it is a strange business.  When you buy a cord of wood, you expect to stack it up and have a 4x4x8 stack when you are done. If you don't you got cheated, if you have more the guy was nice, if you get 4x4x8 the guy is good. With log loads depending on the size, straightness, how its loaded on the truck, how consistent the log lengths are etc etc etc will determine how many cords you get. I have gotten straight truck loads before that had 6 cords and I have gotten straight trucks loads with 8+. Let us know what you think you got out of it after its all cut and stacked. I have a hard time figuring it all out since I don't split much. If you don't split it, the rounds will take up more room than split pieces. We pay around $700 for a straight truck load around here and get 6-8 cords from it. In my opinion even with that chance of getting less wood it is the only way to go, can't beat $100 or so a cord.

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile

I just got a tri-axle load of logs and was very happy with it for $550! My shed is 16 wide, 8 deep and 7ft tall. I got 8 cord easy.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar

MattyNH

• View Profile

I just got a tri-axle load of logs and was very happy with it for $550! My shed is 16 wide, 8 deep and 7ft tall. I got 8 cord easy.
Nice deal!
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT
Pages: [1] 2