Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: new heatmor and having huge issues  (Read 116629 times)

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: new heatmor and having huge issues
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »

I think we will see more and more posts like this as furnace companies rush to get phase II furnaces out into the market. One thing I am realizing is the importance of dealer training and in turn customer training. A word of caution to people out shopping for gassers, buy from a dealer who has a very good grasp of how the furnace works. Preferably buy from a dealer who has actually run the type of furnace they are selling. I know I have burned 5 different models including a Heatmaster gasser over the last 5 years. I know Scott also likes to burn a new model when one comes out. I can not stress enough how much a knowledgeable dealer means on these high tech furnaces.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »

I sure hope Roxann wasn't told that this would be a 'fill it and forget it' type of stove. It is far from that! Roxann, how often are you cleaning out the ashes and heat exchangers? Is there a weekly cleanout procedure for the cleaning of the exchangers like all of the other companies have?

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

these high tech furnaces.

Where, what...???? I don't see any high tech OWB anything anywhere.... Since when do OWB's have lambda and Outdoor reset controls.....
Michigan Thumber

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »

Where, what...???? I don't see any high tech OWB anything anywhere.... Since when do OWB's have lambda and Outdoor reset controls.....

Sure be a smart ass if you want, hahaha real funny. Bottom line however is that most of the phase II furnaces are not anything like what people think of when they think of an outdoor furnace. My point stands, both dealers and customers will need much more training compared to the way it was done in the past.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

roxann

• OWF Brand: heatermor
  • OWF Model: 200ssr11
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »

I spoke to Bruce Sat he called back.. He got the parts in but doesn't feel they should be installed since I haven't had any more over heating. He did change the flapper I believe.. He also said and believes that  it's the operator...
I don't think I am unreasonable but I did phone Bruce one time at midnight because my stove overheated and I was smelling the pex so I panicked  that's when I found this forum .....the stove is currently  171 blower is off no fire in box and my house is 73
Bruce also wanted me to let you all know that I live in an open field and all the stuff in the basement isn't insulated like the pex stuff he says that's a lot of heat loss... I do live in a very old farm house the basement isn't finished all of this was known when he sold the unit in fact the house is more updated now then  when he first came over.
Is it normal to smell after putting in wood good god it's nasty I even wear goggles because of the smoke 

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »

I clean the ashes once a week... heat exchanges??? (flue scrapping??) Iv'e done but not weekly should i be

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »

I'd like to have a list of things I need to do to keep it maintained and how often

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »

There are threads where a silly remark like yours is acceptable, however, this is not one of them.
A lady is having issues with heating her home and keeping her family warm. Put your self in her shoes for a minute.
You seem like a decently intelligent person, and being from my state, I expect more from you.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »

Sprinter, No she is not unreasonable, she is also not in the right mindset with her stove and system, she will need to be educated and I sincerely hope that someone with the same model stove will step in and help her out, I am sure that one day soon I will have the opportunity  to stop by and check out the install, I have spoken with the installer and other than some minor ghost flow I don't think that there is a major issue there. I agree with both posts (yoder and Sprinter) and am still looking for that darn like button' have a great night guys and gals
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

renoman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ShopBuilt
  • OWF Model: One Hot Gasser
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

Really mix  of big and small wood would make the temp low?? I do that.  Bridging wood is that crossing the wood cause I make sure it flat and stacked flat
I find when I'm not getting enough heat the stoves ashes need to be cleaned...  I did that today and the temp got to 171 house is toasty. I thought this stove would be fill it and forget it  :-\
If you clean out the ash and the stove begins to function properly this may be your clue!
I don't own a heatmor so not exactly sure of the design but I have a homemade gasser and from time to time I notice it has a hard time with recovery and as of late with a bit of snow on the wood now and then my ash will get hard around the slot and also in the secondary. This was discussed on a p & m post also a liitle while ago about a hard ring of ash around the slot.
Are you stirring around the coals in your firebox every time you load especially around the slot?
Is the slot getting plugged with hard ash thus not letting the stove breath? with nowhere for the intake to exhaust it will not burn. Seems your issues lie somewhere in this area if you clean out the ash and it performs properly.
The overheating must be a control issue or it wouldn't be able to happen.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »

I reallllllllly wish this Bruce guy would chime in here! I would like to hear his explanation on how the stove could possibly overheat "by operator error". You may lose a couple degrees if the pex lines aren't insulated in the basement but it is not something I would be overly worried about. I would spend the $1 per 6 feet on pipe insulation though and slap it on the pex in the basement. Anybody could handle that project. Roxann it seems like no one on this forum owns the same model as you do so we don't have much help for you in that department. I would ask you dealer and the manufacturer for some phone numbers of owners of your stove. I would call them and ask if they can tell you everything they have learned about operating it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:56:54 PM by hondaracer2oo4 »

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »

I never did see exactly what model it was, but it appears it's a gasser and I have no experience with those at all. 

As far as the uninsulated lines in your basement of an old farmhouse, that shouldn't make a difference at all if the pump is flowing at any decent speed like it should be.  My lines did well in my basement in a 1875 farm house with a stone foundation and unfinished basement as well.  I didn't insulate them at all and it kept my basement warm without any noticeable performance issue on the system. 

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:31 AM »

From what I have been told it is an updraft gasser, as stated before it's a big secret

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »

Hey Roxann 'good news, I just got off the phone with Mike, I think he will be calling you this morning but not before he has a conversation with Bruce about your high limit control and rather Bruce did in fact change it, for the rest of you folks with a Heatmor, I believe he will be watching the forum and trying to answer any questions you may have, if and when he comes online let's give him a good welcome aboard, He seems like a very knowledgable and likable guy! Roxann he tells me that you more than likely have restriction in the heat exchanger and or the grates, Keep them clean for an improved burn!

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »

Why not post on an indoor boiler forum or over on hearth, it would be a much better fit. 

Im not trying to be smart or rude but just know how this place has been for years.  Great group of folks here.  Very unlike most forums where its a pissing match.   We dont wAnna piss on the fire here

Do you like any outdoor boilers?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33