Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: new heatmor and having huge issues  (Read 116753 times)

roxann

• OWF Brand: heatermor
  • OWF Model: 200ssr11
    • View Profile
Re: new heatmor and having huge issues
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »

so this morning was 49 in the house. Bruce came over today to fix part but he broke it. Waiting for new part to come in.. I didn't talk to him much as it was cold outside. MY friend was here Bruce talked to him and told him I should be charged for him coming out but wasn't because of all the problems Iv'e had really..... I not happy he told him things as he don't live here.  Wish if he has issues to speak to me...  tonight house is at 71 177 temp on unit much better since the water light was by passed

I opened a complaint on bbb heatmor was all over it and said they
Heatmor has been extremely responsive to the needs of Roxann  The dealer who sold the unit, Bruce Markham, is planning to meet with the owner of the unit to go over the issues and explain the proper operation with Roxann
Love that they respond to bbb but not to me

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »

I'd hate to see what un-responsive would be.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Propster

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Aquatherm
  • OWF Model: 145
  • MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:04 PM »

I said it early on and I'll say it again. Between the dealer, whoever Mike is, and the company itself, this is probably one of the worst cases of customer care I've seen in awhile. Wrong stove, wrong parts, improper install, lack of training, p-poor response, neglect ... the list goes on. And then for him to make a comment like that. Sure makes a person considering a new stove want to run right out and buy a Heatmor doesn't it?

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »

Which is just sad, because I've had no issues with my non-gasser unit and I know several people with the non-gassers that absolutely love them.  It sounds like a combination of Roxann getting a turd unit, improper training, and maybe a messed up install on the house side as well.  No one is happy on either side of the problem and it's just making things miserable for all. 

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:17 AM »

Roxann, I am sure that you have forwarded your email chain to the BBB. It will be pretty obvious quickly that they have been unresponsive and not responded to any concerns or complaints in anyone definition of a 'reasonable' amount of time. It will be hard for Heatmor to refute your complaint if they can't back it up with emails or phone logs. Hopefully you have already come up with a remedy that you would like Heatmor to provide for your troubles.

lindnova

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200 CSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »

Which is just sad, because I've had no issues with my non-gasser unit and I know several people with the non-gassers that absolutely love them.  It sounds like a combination of Roxann getting a turd unit, improper training, and maybe a messed up install on the house side as well.  No one is happy on either side of the problem and it's just making things miserable for all.

Agree.  In my area the same thing - I know quite a few people that love the non gasser ones. This thread really sours Heatmor for me.  I hope there is a resolution to come on this.  I still can't believe no one who has the newer unit is on this site. 
Stihl ms260, ms362, msS461
Huskee 22 TN Splitter
Kubota BX2200 w/ Loader

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2014, 10:20:24 AM »

In all truthfullness, if I were looking for a gasser I'd probably buy an indoor unit and put it in an outbuilding big enough to hold all of my firewood and lots of water storage.  I like my non-gasser so I can burn less than ideal wood and not have to clean it out hardly ever. 

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »

Obviously building or owning a gasser is quite a bit different, I also like my non gasser but the idea of burning less wood is appealing. It's too bad Heatmor has taken a hit on this thread, I don't think they deserve to get a bad rep over this one model but obviously they have issues with it and don't care to follow this forum and respond here.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »

A company or an individuals true colors always shine when there is an issue or problem. When they have a product that just plain works they don't have to do anything. When they sell a product that has issues they apparently don't care.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »

A company or an individuals true colors always shine when there is an issue or problem. When they have a product that just plain works they don't have to do anything. When they sell a product that has issues they apparently don't care.

Yup, kinda like fair weather friends.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2014, 03:00:18 PM »

A plaque that always sat on my grandmothers sink window, True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare, false friends are like autumn leaves, found everywhere
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Cabo

• OWF Brand: P & M
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »

I've always said it's easy to sell a product but the real work is servicing the product.

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2014, 07:20:16 PM »

I have updates to share some good news some bad...

BBB closed my case
03/26/2014    Received Subsequent Response from Business    
The Heatmor unit referenced in this complaint was purchased  on 10-26-13. . The unit was purchased from Best-Way Wood Heat in Readfield, ME. Representatives from Best-Way Wood Heat have been to the residence served by the unit 6-8 times, with the most recent visit being 3-25-14. According to Best-Way Wood Heat, the unit is working as it was intended. Any service issues should be directed to the dealer, Best-Way Wood Heat.

UNREAL

Bruce came over today fixed the water light issue and he gave me a new scraper that goes on my drill to clean flues.
Bruce cleaned flues today witch to my surprise didn't look to bad. unit is running to temp house is very toasty 74  :D aslo the weather is mild today I love days like this I have't even used much wood today
I thank you Bruce for coming over today you did a great job

I am sooooooo happy things are looking up

as for heatmor WOW   I am disgusted you treat your customers the way you do you aught to be ashamed of yourself's   >:(

while I'm at it Id like to thank Richard aka Slim for stepping in and making a difference  :thumbup: You are the one that made this happen!!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you

Lastly I greatly greatly appreciate all of your feedback from this tread

I pray this lemon stays on the right path

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2014, 06:48:10 AM »

Roxann, it was a true pleasure doing what was within my powers to help in your situation, please don't be so angry with corporate as they cannot see what we see up close and Mike was very receptive to me as a direct competitor attempting to help, I once was told by a Vice President of another competitors unit to mind my own business at a workshop with Maine DEP, the whole idea of the workshop was to solve mistakes with proper placement and operation of conventional boilers in Maine, as you can see attitudes like that got us nowhere except our state government ramming rules down our throats that made no sense, my hat is off to corporate for allowing me to work on your unit when the issues with your dealer could not be resolved. I do consider Heatmor to be a responsible competitor in the industry and think that things could have been handled better by your dealer, the dealer is the eyes and ears of corporate, They stated company reps visiting you 6-8 times, did that include the 2 times that I visited or was Bruce there 6-8 times himself?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »

Slim I disappointed with the corporate as they don't respond to me but with you at times and I feel that messed up as I am the customer... I am very thankful you stepped in and helped!!!!!  reps visiting is false but what ever....

unit is keeping house very toasty and is running good I have only been filling the stove one time a day.. The outside light stopped working though I change the light bulb as it was blown but the light didn't come on just another thing go on this unit  :o
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33