Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Gasification wood boiler build  (Read 129237 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
update
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »

Well I thought I would let you guys know how things are going.Can we say "Freaking Great!!!!!"man I LOVE THIS THING! >:D >:D >:D
I have been getting 24 hr burns on one full load.I have been loading it at around 6pm ,and then loading again at 6 the next day.Temps have been in the 20'lows in the teens right now.Had a few people stop by and check her out.Everyone seems quite impressed with it.
Man I love having a smoke scented jacket,and a warm house! :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

bikeralan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Gasification wood boiler build
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2011, 03:47:10 AM »

I am glad it is performing at or above your expectations. Has to feel good that you built it!

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »

I am glad it is performing at or above your expectations. Has to feel good that you built it!
Yes it feels real good to know I built it ,and what I made is heating my home and keeping my family warm.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:06 PM »

Well I had a critical part failure today.Got home from work ,and the water was down to 110*.the fire was out and I had 3 partial logs in the stove.So i reloaded the stove had the bypass open,and finally got the wood to relight.turned the blower on and everything seemed to be working but the stove wasn't taking off like it should.So i thought the gas chamber was plugged so I raked out the passages.Still no good air flow.I then thought perhaps my air feed pipe in the burn chamber was plugged up with creosote.Cleaned the tube off.Still didn't seem to be getting much air flow.Opened up the back of the stove,and sure enough my damper actuator seems to have died.I manually opened my damper and turned the blower back on.She is running like a champ again.So I have a new damper on order and I hope it is here by saturday.
I did buy this at an idustrial surplus house so I don't know for sure of it's condition.It looked to be new,but who knows.I had about $40 in it so I am not sweating it too much.I will just have to wait untill the new gets here and install it.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »

Well the actuater wasnt bad after all.I guess I will have a back up on the shelf now. :o
Looks like the fire went out since the wife didnt load it while i was at work.We are down in the single digits.So while it was on and calling for heat the actuator must have an internal safety so it only stays open for so long under power.After I had the stove up to temp and was idling the power was off to the actuator,and I believe an internal safety reset.I went back out and turned on the blower in manual mode.Then damper worked like normal. :thumbup:
So i buttoned it back up and reloaded her with some more wood.Good to go again! >:D
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Gasification wood boiler build,update
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »

Still running strong!24 hr burn times.Not burning too much wood.Real happy with the gasification process.I suggest to anyone looking at this style stove to go with it.Warmed up here and all the snow is turning into water i am getting flooded by the fields and turning into a mud hole!I am sure it will get cold again though.later everyone :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Smakman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »

If you were to build another, would you do anything different the second time?  Oh......and will you build me one?  LOL.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »

If you were to build another, would you do anything different the second time?  Oh......and will you build me one?  LOL.
I asked him to build me one first. He told me to bring the steel, byob, and him some too. Jackel, you may have a new business venture here!

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

I asked him to build me one first. He told me to bring the steel, byob, and him some too. Jackel, you may have a new business venture here!
;D I dont think so!LMAO
I wouldn't mind helping someone build another one as long as its not on my dime. >:D
I actually enjoyed building mine,and I just wish I had a big sheet metal shear and 8' finger break to do 1/4".If I did I would make a few just for kicks.
Now as far as changing anything.A few minor things yes.I would place my thermocouple tube in a different spot in the tunnel chamber.I might make my slots in the floor going into the gas chamber smaller.I might make a plate to drop in part of the slot to play with a theory I have there.
Other than that not too much else to change.The main thing is making a high efficiancy log splitter to keep up with the wood splitting part >:D
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Smakman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2011, 06:53:42 AM »

Ok......so what does a big sheet metal shear and 8' finger break cost?  :)

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »

TOO MUCH! lmao!
But If you want to donate them to my cause. I am more than willing to build yours then >:D
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »

;D I dont think so!LMAO
I wouldn't mind helping someone build another one as long as its not on my dime. >:D
I actually enjoyed building mine,and I just wish I had a big sheet metal shear and 8' finger break to do 1/4".If I did I would make a few just for kicks.
Now as far as changing anything.A few minor things yes.I would place my thermocouple tube in a different spot in the tunnel chamber.I might make my slots in the floor going into the gas chamber smaller.I might make a plate to drop in part of the slot to play with a theory I have there.
Other than that not too much else to change.The main thing is making a high efficiancy log splitter to keep up with the wood splitting part >:D
Are you saying high efficiency, as in less work for you? If so I have developed the perfect hi-efficiency log splitter.....................I built it myself with help from the wife.................We call him our son! ;D He cut my splitting time in half! Input costs can be somewhat high though. I might be paying more in the long run........... :o

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

;D I dont think so!LMAO
Are you saying high efficiency, as in less work for you? If so I have developed the perfect hi-efficiency log splitter.....................I built it myself with help from the wife.................We call him our son! ;D He cut my splitting time in half! Input costs can be somewhat high though. I might be paying more in the long run........... :o
;D ;D ;D
I have one of those homemade log splitters also!I think you are correct on the payoff not being there right now!LMAO.Oh well mine is only 10 yrs old ,and just got his first shot at running the splitter i borrowed a week ago.He did a good job of it.He also had to show my wife how to use the winch I put on the truck to pull my mom and her truck out of a snow bank while I was at work.He made sure she didn't let the cable pile up on one side of the drum. :thumbup:I am proud of him.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »

;D I dont think so!LMAO
;D ;D ;D
I have one of those homemade log splitters also!I think you are correct on the payoff not being there right now!LMAO.Oh well mine is only 10 yrs old ,and just got his first shot at running the splitter i borrowed a week ago.He did a good job of it.He also had to show my wife how to use the winch I put on the truck to pull my mom and her truck out of a snow bank while I was at work.He made sure she didn't let the cable pile up on one side of the drum. :thumbup:I am proud of him.
Mine is 12 going on 18, I think. Shot up 4-5" this year, strong as an ox. Poor ole dad may have to watch what he says pretty soon.LOL!! He's got his mother's temper. Me, I am the calm one. Really, I am, I promise.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »

tulenutn2o
 you better watch out.He might shove you in the furnace!LOL!
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21