Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: hoss owners  (Read 7136 times)

redthunder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hoss 400 he
  • OWF Model: hoss
    • View Profile
hoss owners
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:23:04 AM »

are any of yall haveing any trouble with your units heard of a little rust feed back please ill like to see how they stand behind the unit

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
Re: hoss owners
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »

Im on my third year with this , so far so good, what small issues I've had I could call the factory and talk to Jerry or Terry and have it resolved quickly. Jerry has since left the company , Ive no reason to believe anything will change as far as customer service at the shop , i called thinking I needed a fan and priced it and it couldve been shipped that day , didn't need it , Ive had 0 mechanical failures  , My unit was a POC model and it actually was running at Terry's grandaddys house for a year or 2 as a test model when i bought it , actually has a 11/2010 date stamped in the door

I realize everyone has an opinion on different models but seems to be a couple on here that go out of their way to badmouth this company and furnace line, simply take it with a grain of salt and stick to your original question , "HOSS owners, please give feedback " 

Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

redthunder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hoss 400 he
  • OWF Model: hoss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »

thanks for the feed back I also have had small problems a little rust I notice in bottom where ash falls I just wonder if I should call and let them no some has flaked off when cleaning ashes out they are some  haters on here other than that im pleased just like see how other hoss owners are doing with their units

JSuther69

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Hoss 300HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »

Hey there.  I am on my second year with my 300HE.  I haven't had any trouble out of the unit what so ever.  In the spring, I summerize it by cleaning the fire box out completely and vacuuming it out.  Ash + water (humidity) = rust.  I use a welding chip hammer to get any creosote out also.  I also top off the water until it comes out the overflow.  Air in the water jacket = rust, so fill it up with the water.

I did a lot of research on outdoor furances.  With all out there, I chose the TOF due to how rugged it is and how user friendly the controls are.  Simplicity is my friend.  So much so, I became a Kentucky Dealer Rep to get them around the area.  Since, I have made 1 sale.

I have had other customers call me for technical help on their install.  I didn't mind at all.  It seems that it is hard to get a hold of Terry sometimes, so this individual called me.

Feel free to give me a call anytime.
Jim
(502) 767-3944

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 05:29:31 AM »

HI Jim , what part of Kentucky are you located in ? 
Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

Michael

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnaces
  • OWF Model: 400 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 04:24:18 PM »

After the first winter my HE 400 had a leak in the top where the expansion tank was welded to the stainless flue. As it turned our my was one of a few that had thinner gauge stainless for the flue. I took it back ( they did not pay for the shipping ) they repaired as expected. Cut out back of the unit cut out the old flue system and replaced the flue system with new thicker metal. This winter the metal grates had a hole burned in about a 15" from the door. They would not replace the grates as they claim to be a wear item. I made new ones my self. I still like this unit and it suits my needs