Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: portage of main ?  (Read 6698 times)

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
Re: portage of main ?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:02:43 AM »

I guess I'am dense whats a deverter valve do?
installed in 2014

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »

its actually a thermostatic valve.  it controls your return water temps, when return water temps drop below 140 it bleeds in some hot water from the supply side keeping the return temps from becoming low enough to cause damage to your boiler. 

cold return temps can casuse the moisture from the wood gather on cool spots on the firebox and run down into the ashes leading to early death.    its an effort to prevent that, some companies require that now
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:30 AM »

Thanks.
installed in 2014

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »

its actually a thermostatic valve.  it controls your return water temps, when return water temps drop below 140 it bleeds in some hot water from the supply side keeping the return temps from becoming low enough to cause damage to your boiler. 

cold return temps can casuse the moisture from the wood gather on cool spots on the firebox and run down into the ashes leading to early death.    its an effort to prevent that, some companies require that now
scott here is the new P&M boiler not out to the public not a gaser but meats epa reg.what do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

Trint

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ml 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:54 PM »

This seam to take some design features from the ml25 they came out with a couple years ago.  Wonder how much better it burns, did they square the bottom of the firebox and line it, or is it just a lined ml30 with a new outer shell, hard to tell from the pictures.
North Central Ohio

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »

This seam to take some design features from the ml25 they came out with a couple years ago.  Wonder how much better it burns, did they square the bottom of the firebox and line it, or is it just a lined ml30 with a new outer shell, hard to tell from the pictures.

bottom and 12 inches up sides is lined with firebrick....looks like a rounded bottom but still has ash pan....i was trrying to figure out if it has water all the way around it or if it's like my thermal-control that does not have any water under firebox....
kelly
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:17:30 PM by baldwin racing »
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

Trint

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ml 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »

bottom and 12 inches up sides is lined with firebrick....flat bottom but still has ash pan....i was trrying to figure out if it has water all the way around it or if it's like my thermal-control that does not have any water under firebox....
kelly

Wondering the same thing about the water and if something like this could be applied to an ml30 without harming it.  Would be nice if a little refratory material could make a cleaner fire.  Although reading it again it says the top water jacket in flanged to the  bottom refractory brick for easy dissassembly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:25:35 PM by Trint »
North Central Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]