Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wiring question.  (Read 9085 times)

RUGERGUNZ

• Training Wheels
  • Central Boiler 6048
    • View Profile
Wiring question.
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

I have a Central Boiler being delivered on Friday. 

I am doing the electrical work myself.

The question is, Are you guys running a 12/2 to run the furnace electronics and the Circulator?  Or do you run a seperate feed for each?  Thanks.

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: Wiring question.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »

I ran 1" pvc from the house to the stove and pulled 6 # 12 thhn wires through it. But I only used three of them 1hot,1net. and 1 for the ground. I ran both the pump and the comb. air fan off of one circuit. The extra wires are just for spare if something would go wrong with the others.
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

RUGERGUNZ

• Training Wheels
  • Central Boiler 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:13:18 AM »

Thanks.

Was just installed this past Friday.  The wiring is much simpler than I anticipated.  There are the three wires on the boiler that you connect to your feed wire to the house.  The circulator does not need wiring, there is a 120v receptacle in the boiler that the circulator plugs into. 

I buried 2 12/2 underground rated wires to the boiler.  One is just a spare, much cheaper that redigging the ditch.

mtfallsmikey

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

Yes, I ran 12/2 UF to feed the whole boiler. I'm putting a separate disconnect switch on the woodshed near the boiler. Future add-ons..Plastic box to house a timer and bypass for timer, want to run the circs periodically to keep the water circulated and prevent stagnation.