Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 200' from property line & EPA Certified or remove from service by 2015!  (Read 9130 times)

furjaw

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

I just read Ohio's proposed regulations for outdoor wood burning furnaces.
  They must be at least 200 feet from any property line.
  They must be EPA Certified.
Or they must be taken out of service by July 1, 2015.

R W Ohio

• View Profile

The new Ohio EPA rules are not set in stone yet. They are still looking things over and are to hold public hearings so  all of us can have an input. If you have an OWB or are planing to get one I hope that you will attend the public meeting and share your feelings.
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

Dave in NE Ohio

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

RW, When is this meeting? Have you heard? Will it be in Columbus?

I think we need to raise hell at this meeting. They want to ban burning of "non-approved fuels" too. Coal will be a non-approved fuel if the EPA has their way. I'd imagine that, like zoning laws, any enforcement would be complaint driven, but I dont like the looks of the attitude they're taking on coal.

We're just trying to keep our heads above water, here. Thats why we do this. If they don't want me burning coal, they'd better drill for some more danged oil so the price will stop going up!

overrunwithsons

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

http://www.epa.gov/woodheaters/models.htm    Here is the link to the EPA site and which OUtdoor Furance companies they are approving -for now, I guess.